Small cowboys uni change

CubsFanBudMan

When did the Cowboys get rid of the wordmark on the front of their jerseys? I got my Cowboys catalog in the mail and Roy Williams' jersey has no small 'Cowboys' on the front. Same goes for his Madden commercial. Not sure when they added it, but I have a Wilson authentic with it on there (1994?) and I never noticed it gone until now. I know they got rid of screen-printed numbers in 2000 -- has it been that long for this, too?

No, this doesn't warrent deletion (!)...this question was brought up on the Football Uniforms Past & Present site, and what's odd is that the nameplate is still present on the Navy Blue jerseys...I know there's quite a few guys on here who hate those nameplate things, but I like 'em.

I always wished that they would have gone with the more traditional wordmark on them, instead of that double- or triple-trimmed concoction...

the one on the endzones.  and dallas was the first team i remember doing that (with the doublestar jerseys-they had a smaller star and almost illegible 'cowboys' under nfl shield)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

You're probably right on the blue jersey thing. All the photos I checked were white jerseys. The Cowboys don't wear the blues enough for me to check accurately. Everything else you guys mentioned was right on as well (Cowboys were the first, doublestars had small star and wordmark, and official wordmark is the one in the endzone -- no idea why the one on the jersey was any different... never saw it anywhere else).

well there's a font at sharkshock that's not only very much like the cowboys' font, it's named Cowboys.  that's for the official (endzone) wordmark.  the blue jersey wordmark, no clue but it looks fancy.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived