Plain Black & White in College

Bearcats

This may be a dumb question, but is there any college team that uses plain black and white in college with no accent colors. None come to mind. There aren't that many in the pros either. The White Sox do but the Raiders use silver.

I thought the Permian Panthers had some pretty nice unis in Friday Night Lights and also the Miami Sharks in Any Given Sunday. Even though too many NFL teams use black since the players love that movie.

friday-night-lights-20041007023524022-000.jpg

anygiv1.jpganydenns.jpg

buffalo_sig.png

Actually, the White Sox also use silver (at least according to CC). White Sox Primary Logo

As for college teams, I'm pretty sure Providence uses exclusively black and white. I can't think of anyone else offhand.

EDIT -- Damn! Discrimihater types faster than me. The White Sox comment slowed me down.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

EDIT -- Damn! Discrimihater types faster than me. The White Sox comment slowed me down.

heh, waht can I say? a little keyboarding learned many summers ago at work here :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I wish they would get rid of the silver...

Black and White are the official colors of Providence College. The colors come from the habit worn by the Dominican Order. On solemn and formal occasions, the white habit is covered by a long black cloak and hood which is called the cappa. It is the black cappa, which in ancient times was worn in the street, that caused the Dominicans in English-speaking countries to be called "Blackfriars."

a-simpkins-c.jpg

terry.jpg

img7032428.jpg

although in recent years Providence has started using silver as an accent color, they generally just go wtih black and white.

Thanks I had forgotten about them. So possibly no college or pro teams use exclusively black and white.

buffalo_sig.png

Archived