Reds deal Sean Casey to Pirates!?

floydnimrod

I know Casey is popular but Pena has more long run to offer. Plus,  you keep Dunn. I know about 20 teams who would have loved Dunn at DH.

Count your chickens you need pitching more then you need a excellent player seating on the bench, if you want to win.

I'm not saying dunn or wily mo are bad players

i think kearns is

Kearns has had a couple of injuries that have taken his rythmn away. He should get back his stride soon enough. Look how long it took Griffey to.

I know Casey is popular but Pena has more long run to offer. Plus,  you keep Dunn. I know about 20 teams who would have loved Dunn at DH.

Count your chickens you need pitching more then you need a excellent player seating on the bench, if you want to win.

I'm not saying dunn or wily mo are bad players

i think kearns is

Your wrong, Kearns has the potential to be an all-star, and if he had stuck with his off-season program last year the Red's would have had him play 3B instead of having to trade Casey away to end that logjam in the outfield. This trade doesn't make any sense to me, GABP is made for home runs, so pitching isn't going to help at all unless you get a ground ball type pitcher, or a really good pitcher. Williams is neither.

So, your real problem here is with Kearns, not management. Kearns did not do those things, not your owner. As a team you then trade a player away for pitching and eliminate the issues in OF.

The Reds made a choice Casey or Dunn they choose Casey.

FYI ? I used the 20 GM's has the number because the DH issue in the AL and teams trying to get Dunn has gone on for at least 2 years. Some of those GM's are not GM's anymore that I am including in this number.

-----------------

On a side note: I don't have any sympathy for Reds fans.

These are the same individuals who where in 7th heaven when they got Griffey for basically "nothing".

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Archived