Reds deal Sean Casey to Pirates!?

floydnimrod

Im sorry if this is in another thread but this is outrageous!

Sean Casey is a team leader, on and off the field, He has done a lot for the city of Cincinnati, He is always doing charity work, especially with reds' great joe nuxhall.

He consistently bats .300 and the Reds trade him for Dave WIlliams? 4.4sumthin ERA 10-11 record. CArl Lindner shouldn't have hung it up just yet. Now with outfield situation ..... Austin Kearns bounced between majors and minors last year and got off to a slow start but came on strong at the end of the year. What if he does that again? The reds can't have a slow start especially considering the division they are in.

Anybody else's thoughts?

I thought the Reds wouldn't trade within the division. And after this bad of a trade, Dunn for Marquis is looking pretty decent :D

Could you imagine him behind Pujols...that...would be awesome. I know the guy has some holes in his swing but so did Reggie Sanders.

Ugh..what a stinkbomb of a trade.

Advantage=Pirates

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I thought the Reds wouldn't trade within the division. And after this bad of a trade, Dunn for Marquis is looking pretty decent :D

Could you imagine him behind Pujols...that...would be awesome. I know the guy has some holes in his swing but so did Reggie Sanders.

Dunn for Marquis looked good when Burnett looked headed for STL...I never liked the idea of parting with Marquis anyways, and there isn't a free agent pitcher out there who I'd take over Marquis now.

Dunn would be great, but we'll have to find another pitcher (maybe Morris comes back, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about that even though I love MattyMo) before we can move Marquis. The only FA out there who I'd consider is Millwood, but reportedly the Cards have no interest.

I'm not sure how else we can get Dunn then. Perhaps something involving Wainwright, but we'll need more than that.

Don't sleep on Dave Williams. he's got decent stuff. has the potential to be a 15 game winner, under 3.0 ERA. Pitching in that bandbox in Cincy won't help though.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Now the Pirates can add a little bat power along with Jason Bay. Both can probably produce a combined 80 home runs next years. Reds still have Junior, Griffey though.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

I think you will find Adam Dunn moving to 1st base and Wily Moe Pena take over the outfield duties. This was a move to get Pena more time.

However, you think other teams would have give a touch more for Casey.

Trying to figure out how Juan Pierre goes to the Cubs for minor league pitching and no one counter with a better deal.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

I think you will find Adam Dunn moving to 1st base and Wily Moe Pena take over the outfield duties. This was a move to get Pena more time.

Trying to figure out how Juan Pierre goes to the Cubs for minor league pitching and no one counter with a better deal.

Yeah I heard that about Dunn. I was just going to post that. Outfield help isn't coming from the Reds as they had 4 outfielders and moving dunn to first takes care of that problem for the reds.

Yeah I heard that about Dunn. I was just going to post that. Outfield help isn't coming from the Reds as they had 4 outfielders and moving dunn to first takes care of that problem for the reds.

Both Wily Mo and Kearns have bad attitudes about not playing, but they should have to deal with that. They both complained last year, meanwhile Casey did his job and played his position. With the way Kearns played last year, i don't think they want him around. He thinks just bacause he's making money in the big leagues that he should get to play. Last time i checked you have to earn your time on the field by practicing and making you and your team better. The reds should have resigned Ramon Ortiz and Rich Aurilia and worked out a trade with them( and possibly Kearns.

And the latest Rumor is a trade where Dunn goes to boston for bronson arroyo and kevin youkilis.

I know Casey is popular but Pena has more long run to offer. Plus, you keep Dunn. I know about 20 teams who would have loved Dunn at DH.

Count your chickens you need pitching more then you need a excellent player seating on the bench, if you want to win.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

I know Casey is popular but Pena has more long run to offer. Plus, you keep Dunn. I know about 20 teams who would have loved Dunn at DH.

Count your chickens you need pitching more then you need a excellent player seating on the bench, if you want to win.

I'm not saying dunn or wily mo are bad players

i think kearns is

Archived