My First Design

MarkAtnip

Greetings

This is my FIRST design to officially hit the press (or ICE would be more appropriate)

This was for a Church Hockey Team (yes, they exist). The Highland View Church of Christ to be exact. The original idea was to put HVCC across the chest not unlike the old CCCP Soviet teams of the 60's - 80's but instead I used a more abstract design featuring a "winged" H and V with the words HIGHLAND VIEW included.

If you get rid of the empty space, the logo is simply two triangles stacked on top of each other. (simplicity) One triangle is an "H" and the other one is a "V".

By the way, they came out to about $17 per Jersey when all was said and done, including my HUGE consulting fee for logo design and focus group feedback as well as numbers on the back.

Again, this is my first so don't completely DESTROY my pride. By the way, if you have any suggestions or improvements that you would like to make or even show off, feel free.

By the way, the colors weren't my choice but several of the kids on the team like the redwings (thus the "wing" effect) so we went with the base Wings jersey.

hvjersey.gif

BroncosSig.jpg

I can see it so I'll drop my pennies:

This is a solid logo, the only thing that I would've changed would be to add an accent color. But this is still quite good.

Although I'm not sold on the whole mesh hockey jersey thing. ^_^

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

It's a solid logo. It would look better with an accent, but I realize one-color printing is much cheaper. I should know, I have four different jerseys I designed, all in one-color print. Nice use of Red Wings themes :D

Not bad, especially for a first effort. And you can do fine with two colors.

Personally, I'd prefer the "CCCP" theme, and I'd bet plenty of people would get it, especially in red and white, and if you used the diamond-band pattern around the waists.

That said, my first thought was "Van Halen has a hockey jersey?!" The wings and the "HV" look a little bit like their old logo - I don't know if it was a subconscious inspiration or not. ^_^

I like it all in all. Good stuff. Consider a little clarifying of the H and V as separate letters - they fit nicely the way you arranged them, but it becomes a little cryptic as to what the winged shape is.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived