Saw OJ Mayo play last night

floydnimrod

Last Night I went to see North College Hill take on LaSalle High School at Ed Jucker Court at Fifth Third Arena at the Shoemaker Center(University of Cincinnati). NCH's O.J. Mayo is considered to be the best junior basketball player in high school out there right now and may be one of the top recruits next year along with teammates Bill Walker and maybe Keenan Ellis. Well LaSalle was a big underdog last night(I only got tickets because my brother goes to LaSalle) but started off strong with a 6-0 lead 2 minutes into the first quarter, because of 3 missed dunks by NCH. With 3 seconds to go in the first half, Bill Walker stole the balland broke away, but time ran out as he crossed the 3-point line, he slowed down but insisted on finishing the dunk(a windmill, i might add), he got a technical for that. Also In the second quarter, one of LaSalle's forwards was boxing out Keenan Ellis-6'11''-but went a little overboard, he kinda ouched him a little but it wasn't much. 10 seconds later Ellis elbowed the player in the head. NCH went on to win by 15 or something. O.J. Mayo was rumored to be interested in attending UC for college, but now I hope he doesn't. He doesn't run the floor and put much effort out on the court, and all he does is dunk. The coach has no control over the players, they sub in and out when they want to it seems like, they all have huge egos. I counted last night, and they had 12 points outside the paint, not including free throws. They are a one-dimensional team. And the coach didn't even take out the starters in the final minute of the game.

I read the newspaper this morning and it does not mention anything about the technical foul on Walker or the elbow to the face by Ellis. Alot of people in Cincinnati have their head so far up North College Hill's :cursing: to realize this.

Was anyone else from the Cinci area at the game?

yeesh...sounds like about the third coming of Harold Miner (the second coming being Josh Smith)

Harold...PLEASE. STOP. MAKING. BABY. JORDANS!!!

all kidding aside, sounds like a case where he's believing the hype.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

At least a dunk is a higher percentage shot than threes. If I had a team, I would rather have them dunk it all game then shoot threes everytime down. Now of course, if only your points were scored by dunks because you cant make it when you do shoot it, that kinds sucks, better to be well rounded and not jump then beable to jump and not shoot.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

yeesh...sounds like about the third coming of Harold Miner (the second coming being Josh Smith)

Harold...PLEASE. STOP. MAKING. BABY. JORDANS!!!

all kidding aside, sounds like a case where he's believing the hype.

That's beyond metaphysical - Baby Baby Jordans. Like a reverese infinite regression.

Is anyone shocked that a high school phenom is reading his own press clippings? We create the monster through the media, and the courting of 6th graders on AAU teams and summer camps, then we're all pissed off because they get a case of themselves. It's our fault, not theirs - they get surrounded by a choir of sycophants telling them they're the next Jordan (or Harold Miner if you're playing in Racine! j/k 'Scrim) and they're the Next Big Thing. No one tells them "No", no one reins them in - because the people around them, even those coaching them - see these kids as their meal tickets.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived