Kangaroos in LA

goalieboy82

I was at the Kangaroos vs. Swans game in LA California over the weekend. I stayed at the same hotel that the Kangaroos were staying at and got to meet some of the players and coaches and people behind the scene. I also got to meet Ron Barassi (got my picture taken with him) and Dr. Allen Aylett Chairman of the Kangaroos, (some with Ron). It was also a good game. I got to see John Travolta and a few other stars. I will have a few pictures from the stuff I did up soon as I can.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

I heard that game sold out (though stupidly only putting out room for 3000 probably had something to do with that <_< )...that's cool that you got to meet some of the Kangas B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I heard that game sold out (though stupidly only putting out room for 3000 probably had something to do with that <_< )...that's cool that you got to meet some of the Kangas B)

i thought they were going to use the Rose Bowl which i heard is smaller than the SCG, they ended up using one of the training fields and apparently the place can hold 15k but due to safety or something they cant use 60% of the seats....the ground apparently was about the size of the SCG....

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

nah, they were never gonna use the Rose Bowl. our stadiums, for the most part, can't house AFL footy.

yeh i was trying to work out how they would do that, maybe i just thought UCLA and Rose Bowl i dunno lol

Looks like McIntosh did alright for the Kangas....Swans might have a premiership hangover like teams do......then again both teams played about 29 players (unlimited interchange in exhibition matches) and teams palyed a Pre-Season team (in not playing the big guns)

Brian, what did you think of the game?

Does anyone think the game will ever take off in the US?

To the point where a US player would play AFL?

there are fair few clubs, although not that big, in the US

i think there will be Americans playing in the AFL in the next 5-8 years

maybe we (well Carlton, not us) should take all the Irish people first though

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

kangaroos in la special

for those in australia watch the special on fox footy tonight at 8:30pm. i might be in it. i am in the crowd during the game (i waved to the camera, i am wearing the kangaroos home jumper with a jacket with a kangaroos hat on and near the Hollywood end of the field) i might be also in a shot or two at the pre (i was talking to Dr. Allen Aylett, i had a beard then and was wearing the kangaroos old away jumper) and post game party (in the back corner throughout the night and when Dr. Allen Aylett and Ron Barassi are giving there speeches. i was wear the home kangaroos jumper with a jacket on and hat) if i am in or if you saw it tell me about it.

thanks

so long and thanks for all the fish.

kangaroos in la special

for those in australia watch the special on fox footy tonight at 8:30pm. i might be in it. i am in the crowd during the game (i waved to the camera, i am wearing the kangaroos home jumper with a jacket with a kangaroos hat on and near the Hollywood end of the field) i might be also in a shot or two at the pre (i was talking to Dr. Allen Aylett, i had a beard then and was wearing the kangaroos old away jumper) and post game party (in the back corner throughout the night and when Dr. Allen Aylett and Ron Barassi are giving there speeches. i was wear the home kangaroos jumper with a jacket on and hat) if i am in or if you saw it tell me about it.

thanks

You sound like a celebrity stalker.

But it sounds like you had a fun day.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived