Seattle Mocha Lattes?

nwtrailtrekker

Ok, so my homework from one of my classes is to ditch the name sonics, and come up with a name and logo design for the new seattle franchise. some homework huh? i do that in my freetime! anyways i decided to be a little different, and i did this concept going down seattle's "coffee, starbucks, etc" road.

but here's what i really need from you guys:

ok the logo i think looks pretty good for microsoft paint,

but it DEFINATELY 110% SURE needs something more. that's where i need you guys! what am i missing????

Also i need a good name for the team, something real creative, but pertaining to seattle and coffee.

C&C as usual! And i not only would love your ideas but i need them!!! THANKS!!!

P.S. The coffee cup alone is just something i was messing with, not an alternate

coffeeconcept.png

oh yeah credit colors to Against All Odds.

ok, well the logo is a little bland and wierd, but i think if u had a name u could change that (i hope). how about trying to play off coffee with something like the Seattle Steam, or the Seattle Stimulants, or maybe just the Seattle Caffeinators. I dont know, i'm just throwing ideas out. good luck.

How about the Seattle Buzz? I don't think the coffee cup quite works, even though most people drink coffee out of a paper cup, the mug is still more symbollically tied to coffee than the cup. Maybe if you had the ball dropping into a mug and a trail coming from the ball arching over the wordmark for Buzz (with the letters looking jagged and sufficiently jittery) it could work.

I dunno. That's my two cents. It would be hard to pull off, but you've got a good start here.

Sounds like a fun class, by the way. Are you renaming the Sonics because Boeing moved to Chicago?

nhl94vansigpng.png

You could call it The Seattle Dunk and have the coffee sweating basketball (the one you're using now) going through a doughnut, maybe into a coffee cup, maybe not depending on how complicated it looks. I know the idea of doughnuts and coffee might be a little blue color for what I suspect is a rather whitecolor Seattle coffee scene, but at least this way you get a straight basketball referance and something to use as a sort-of hoop shape so you know have to block the half the basketball with a cup.

137967009_693820d686_o.jpg

Archived