LeBron or Wade?

nsentv

Apparently you haven't seen a Nuggets game lately. Melo's D has been upgraded considerably, especially in the win against Seattle.

A lot of teams have success playing defense against Seattle.

I don't give a damn about hype, stats, potential, and "supporting casts" when my eyes, my head, and my gut all tell me DWade is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. He's got that killer instinct, the so-called "IT" factor. Both Wade and LeBron can completely take over a game for long stretches, but Bron doesn't have Wade's heart.

Bingo. The same comparison could be made with two quarterbacks from the AFC. One QB has the "IT" factor (or at least I think that, considering he's won three championships), and the other doesn't. Sorry to hijack the thread, but the cross-over comparison does work.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I wouldn't want either, I'd rather have Carmelo. He's a gamebreaker and he's not even in the all star game. He's hit six, I believe, game winning shots in his career and four this year alone. He's carried the Nuggets while Camby has been injured and K-Mart has been hurt on and off during that stretch. He's the second leading scorer in the Western Conference and he's still not in the all star game, what a crock of s***.

Melo? Come on, dog. Puh-leeze. I'd even put him behind Chris Bosh. Last time I checked there's no D in Carmelo. That figures, because there's no D in his game either. Uh, so he can score, great. Is he a leader? Is he a marquee player? Does the average fan really respect his game. Lemme help you with those. No, hell no, and hell the :censored: no.

Give me Wade at this point. And it's not even close, IMO. I don't give a damn about hype, stats, potential, and "supporting casts" when my eyes, my head, and my gut all tell me DWade is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. He's got that killer instinct, the so-called "IT" factor. Both Wade and LeBron can completely take over a game for long stretches, but Bron doesn't have Wade's heart. I'll take less talent and more heart for $2000 please, Alex.

As infrared41 stated, it'd be a great problem to have!

Apparently you haven't seen a Nuggets game lately. Melo's D has been upgraded considerably, especially in the win against Seattle. LeBron is good, but he's not a guy I would want to have the ball with the game on the line, Anthony IS. Anthony is proven clutch time and time again. Wade is clutch and a big time performer but Carmelo is younger and has far to go still. So I would still take Carmelo over both Wade and James. Not saying he's the better basketball player, just saying I would rather have him on my team than the other two.

I'm sure ITE88 can vouch for me here.

Dude, he's already on your team...that's why you aren't being the least bit objective about this. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I wouldn't want either, I'd rather have Carmelo. He's a gamebreaker and he's not even in the all star game. He's hit six, I believe, game winning shots in his career and four this year alone. He's carried the Nuggets while Camby has been injured and K-Mart has been hurt on and off during that stretch. He's the second leading scorer in the Western Conference and he's still not in the all star game, what a crock of s***.

Melo? Come on, dog. Puh-leeze. I'd even put him behind Chris Bosh. Last time I checked there's no D in Carmelo. That figures, because there's no D in his game either. Uh, so he can score, great. Is he a leader? Is he a marquee player? Does the average fan really respect his game. Lemme help you with those. No, hell no, and hell the :censored: no.

Give me Wade at this point. And it's not even close, IMO. I don't give a damn about hype, stats, potential, and "supporting casts" when my eyes, my head, and my gut all tell me DWade is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. He's got that killer instinct, the so-called "IT" factor. Both Wade and LeBron can completely take over a game for long stretches, but Bron doesn't have Wade's heart. I'll take less talent and more heart for $2000 please, Alex.

As infrared41 stated, it'd be a great problem to have!

Apparently you haven't seen a Nuggets game lately. Melo's D has been upgraded considerably, especially in the win against Seattle. LeBron is good, but he's not a guy I would want to have the ball with the game on the line, Anthony IS. Anthony is proven clutch time and time again. Wade is clutch and a big time performer but Carmelo is younger and has far to go still. So I would still take Carmelo over both Wade and James. Not saying he's the better basketball player, just saying I would rather have him on my team than the other two.

I'm sure ITE88 can vouch for me here.

Dude, he's already on your team...that's why you aren't being the least bit objective about this. :P

True. I was just saying that I would rather have him on my team than the other two. In no way am I saying he's the better all around player.

LeBron chokes when the game is on the line (free throws against Denver this season).

So Wade is #1 in my book for overall skill. I just like Melo better, and yes, that has something to do with the fact that he IS on my favorite team.

How is Alonzo Mourning overrated? He comes off the bench and is STILL one of the leagues best Centers. His job isn't to score yet he still has a high FG%. His job is to block and alter shots and that's exactly what he's done since returning last year. I'll agree that players like Walker and even Posey area tad overrated but lets not bring Zo into the equation.

leafs13's comment about Zo was sarcastic...

Yes, it was.

Archived