Iowa basketball question

Mingjai

I think (although I'm not sure) that the gold is a third that took off in popularity, like the Illini orange, and like the orange can be worn at home or on the road.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

They have always had a gold third third jersey for at least the last decade, but they usually only wore them in non-coference games at the beginning of the season. The last couple years they have worn them more and more in the Big Ten games. And yes, they do wear the gold home and away.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

I think not too long ago Iowa wore exclusively gold at home but in recent years they seem to have switched to white at home. I wasnt aware they even had a gold set this year.. I hope they wear them more often I have always liked gold uniforms at home as a nie change of pace to the normal white.

You better enjoy the gold this year. I believe in 2006-07 there's a rule change stating that "white uniforms only" must be worn by the home team. No more gold, silver, powder blue or orange at home.

I know that this will be a rule for High School basketball, but I haven't seen it for the NCAA.

Archived