Oilers copper jersey concept

gregchait

I am a huge fan of the Oilers alternate logo and jersey.  The one thing I can't stand however, is the addition of new colors?  It makes absolutely no sense to me... Anaheim, Columbus now using black, Oilers in Silver & Blue, Philly incorporating silver.  

I say stick with your colors.  I don't know what the reception on this concept will be, because the copper could actually be a kind of ugly primary color.  What I've done here is incorporated their excellent current shoulder patches as the crest and replaced the shoulder patches with the "oil drop" which is simple and clean for a shoulder logo.  With the striping I incorporated steel girters similar to the kind used to build an oil rig.  All done in original pantones... thanks DM...

Anyhow, here ya go...

Oilers Copper Jersey Concept

grc

yanks_sig.gif

I always thought they needed the shoulder logo from the everydays to be on the alt. I also agree with the hated policy of adding new colors for alts. That is why I wasn't a fan of the rumored alt for the Wings a few years back which was black.

As for the Copper, I think it's ok. It isn't an ugly color. The Texas Longhorns have used a color in the same family and made it work for years.

I LOVE those drop patches!

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

Yeah the Longhorns pull it off well, although I've always thought of that color to be a Burnt Orange, which I thought was Edmontons color until I did get my hands on the pantones and realized that it really is a copper color, which I guess I likened more to a gold, but I guess it really is a burnt orange after all...

grc

yanks_sig.gif

• LMU locked this topic

Archived