Hockey Jersey Storage

Neon_Matrix

I am in the habbit of collecting hockey jerseys, and I currently own around 10 (too lazy to count) and only 3 of them I actually wear. I'm curious if it is better to hang the ones I dont wear, or fold them up, leaving the crest un creased, and putting it in a bin. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I am in the habbit of collecting hockey jerseys, and I currently own around 10 (too lazy to count) and only 3 of them I actually wear. I'm curious if it is better to hang the ones I dont wear, or fold them up, leaving the crest un creased, and putting it in a bin. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

keep them, don't fold the crest, but put them away in a safe place where they can't ruined. i have about 12 and only wear 2.

8prlQWA.png

keep them, don't fold the crest, but put them away in a safe place where they can't ruined. i have about 12 and only wear 2.

Thanks man, I may wear a few of the stored ones (north stars, ducks, kings, pens, team canada alt) but not anytime soon.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

why not get jeresy frames and hang them up on the wall. i think thats a cool way to desplay them.

I wanna wear some of these someday though...and when I move into my house next year for school, I may hang them on hangers and have them lining my wall...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

While on the topic...I got a Chelios Blckhwaks jersey off ebay recently. When it came, it smelled like mothballs. I put it outside for a while to air it out, then I washed it. A few days later, it started to smell like mothballs again. Is there any way to get rid of that smell? I don't really feel like smelling like old people all day.

i have a "instant closet" i bought at zellers... basically a frame you build with plastic supports, and then cover with a plastic sheet that has a zipper... i have about 65 jerseys hanging up in there... protected, hanging, and easy to access when i want to wear them.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

i have a "instant closet" i bought at zellers... basically a frame you build with plastic supports, and then cover with a plastic sheet that has a zipper... i have about 65 jerseys hanging up in there... protected, hanging, and easy to access when i want to wear them.

65...holy crap. Well, I'm still...5 years younger, so I'm sure in that time I can get another 45ish... I'm just curious about the best way to store them, because I've run out of room in my closet for hanging things, so I just dont know if I should hang them in my basement, or fold them and put them in a drawer for the time being until I get more space for them. I'm actulaly going to head back to Kensington Market on friday to see if they got anything new or anything good I missed when I was there on monday, but I've decided I want to get a Wings jersey, or a junky Leafs one so I can wear it for whatever and not worry about it getting ruined.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

While on the topic...I got a Chelios Blckhwaks jersey off ebay recently. When it came, it smelled like mothballs. I put it outside for a while to air it out, then I washed it. A few days later, it started to smell like mothballs again. Is there any way to get rid of that smell? I don't really feel like smelling like old people all day.

Try Fabreeze. Game worn collectors use it to get the really bad funky sweat smell out of their jerseys.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived