Cuba gets owned in Puerto Rico

NJTank

First they had to see a fan hold a sign saying down with Fidel that was visable on TV, while their Communist Party Official who tried to take the sign away was taken to a police station and lectured on Freedom of Speach.

Story

Then today they get blown out in the WBC game by Puerto Rico 12-2 with the mercy rule being used in the 7th.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Although I hate my cable provider for taking away the NFL Network, I am at least grateful that they've had the good sense to put WBC games on some of the local access channels. Accordingly, I got to see the PR-Cuba game and I have to say I was as impressed with the talent of the Puerto Rico team as I was disappointed in the pitching performance of the Cubans. Of course, it's also key to remember that Cuba plays most of its international competitions against teams that don't have the benefit of the top tier MLB players, so perhaps it's not really much of a surprise that a largely amateur team couldn't hang with a squad of major leaguers for very long. In any event, it was certainly a humbling experience for Fidel and his minions.

When I was with the Blue Jays we had a rule, if a sign had anything to do with politics we would ask them to stop holding it up.

Had to do this a few times when the Iraq war started up and people would hold up anti-Bush signs. One fan actually said I was fascist.

The official policy is "No non-baseball signs" but that's they would never take away someone's Go Leafs Go sign.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The official policy is "No non-baseball signs" but that's they would never take away someone's Go Leafs Go sign.

Especially when it's the best advice for the team. ^_^

Archived