NHL does it right

OMMF

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2370727

WALLACEBURG, Ontario -- Some NHL players will be in the pink this weekend on the ice.

In a tribute to hockey moms and to raise awareness of breast cancer, hockey players such as Tie Domi, Mats Sundin, Steve Yzerman, Sidney Crosby and Ed Belfour will use pink sticks during games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the Chatham Daily News reported Wednesday.

Equipment manufacturer TPS Hockey is spending an estimated $50,000 for the initiative, which sprouted in the Gretzky family home in Brantford, Ont., shortly after the death of Wayne Gretzky's mother, Phyllis.

From the subject, I was hoping that this meant I would be getting to see pop singer Alecia "Pink" Moore in an NHL sweater sometime this weekend. That would have been one for the Rolodex.

But, my personal perversions aside, hell of a good cause, and glad to see the NHL is doing its part.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived