Colorado fantasy baseball concept.

sacker12

Once again, I decided to also show my Colorado baseball concept that I put in the "Requests" forum on here, too. I know that the gold will look funny on the jersey since it was turning up weird in Photoshop. The proper gold didn't show up until I used Irfanview. I hope you guys like them. Thanks.

Home: coloradohomefant.png

Road: coloradoroadfant.png

I was thinking about making a solid black alternate jersey for them too, but I was too tired to do it. I may do it tomorrow. It is be black with the "COLORADO" in white letters with the gold outline, the front numbers gold with the white outline, and the back numbers in the the same scheme as the team name. It will also have the buffalo on the sleeve. I was toying with putting "BUFFS" on the front of the home jersey, but it didn't look right. I thought that would make it look like a beer-league jersey. So, I stuck with Colorado since all CU teams have that on their jerseys instead of "Buffs".

Hmmm...if sCUm ever had a baseball team, this would be a good look for them.

Especially while bitch-slapping Nebraksa around the diamond like the beef-munching doofuses that they are. :P

I like the jerseys well enough, Sacker, but there's a few things to condider. Recently, CU has been going very simplistic with the uniforms, and I wonder if the pinstripes are inconsistant with that. Also, the buffalo is facing backwards on the sleeve. To get it pointing forward, I'd suggest bucking baseball tradition and sliding him over to the right sleeve, being that the version of Ralphie that you are using is CU's prefered version. Either that, or you could use the left facing logo that you'd see on the left side of the football helmets. Either way, I think it's important to have him facing the front.

The only other thing that I'm not sure about is the inconsistancy between the numbers, front to back. I think black with gold outlining would be best in all instances.

All in all, though, I do like these, and they definitely wouldn't look bad in that if the university were to ever field another baseball team.

Well, this was the logo I found on CC's site, so I was just using the primary athletic logo. The only other option I would have would be to do like Florida does on their patch, which is to have the conference logo on the left sleeve and the logo patch on the right sleeve. But, I don't think that it is a big deal.

Also, I did expect someone to dislike the gold numbers on the front. But, I just wanted to try something different. I thought that it would be a cool look.

Nice concept.

My only real criticism of it is the use of pinstripes on a road uniform. I can't think of a road gray uniform that looks good with pinstripes, and I know teams have tried. Given that the school colors are black and gold, darkening gray uniforms with black lettering AND black pinstripes is a little excessive. Maybe black and/or gold piping at least on the roads; the pinstripes look fine on the homes if that's the way you want to go.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived