Grand Rapids Artisans

logodawg

Here's my new fantasy football team, the Grand Rapids Artisans. Grand Rapids has a long history of having world-class craftsman and has a large public art fair call simply "The Festival" and I figured Artisans sounds cooler than Artists.

artisans.gif

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Very nicely done. My only suggestion is to possibly repeat the font for the "GR" in the logo in the wordmark, possibly for "Artisans". This looks great, regardless. Are there uniforms in the works?

It works, but I don't think it's mean enough for a football team.

Which is why I think it's a great name. Wouldn't it be even more demoralizing if you are on a team that got it's ass kick by a bunch of freakin' artists?!

I would SO name a real-life team that.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

artisans.gif

I really like this, but I have one complaint. An "artisan" is a skilled manual laborer, a craftsman. "Artisan" is not a synonym for "artist." Which is just by way of saying that the brush doesn't work with the name for me. I'd rather see a woodworking tool or something than a painter's brush.

But it's a quibble, and I really like the logo.

20082614447.png

Archived