Daneyko's #3 Retired

DEAD!

About time...

No where near a Devils fan, but I was plenty steamed when they had a night for him after he retired and didn't hoist #3 to the rafters then.

As a Ranger fan, I'm obligated to hate the Devils, but there's 3 guys on that team that always had my respect...Daneyko, Stevens, and Brodeur...2 of em have their #'s where they belong, and the other will be up there as well eventually.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

All I have to say after this is that the Leafs should retire #93 and #17. Also I want to see #13 up there. the best captain we've ever had!

The Leafs have only retired two numbers. They usually honour numbers.

http://www.mapleleafs.com/team/alumni.html

"The Toronto Maple Leafs retire very few sweater numbers. In fact there are only two retired numbers hanging from the rafters at the Air Canada Centre: Ace Bailey's #6 and Bill Barilko's #5. Only players who have made a significant contribution to the Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey Club and have experienced a career-ending incident while a member of the Maple Leaf team will have their numbers considered for retirement. Unfortunately for Leaf fans, Bailey meets these criteria. The first Leaf to lead the NHL in scoring suffered a career-ending head injury in just his eighth NHL season."

I saw, I came, I left.

All I have to say after this is that the Leafs should retire #93 and #17. Also I want to see #13 up there. the best captain we've ever had!

The Leafs have only retired two numbers. They usually honour numbers.

http://www.mapleleafs.com/team/alumni.html

"The Toronto Maple Leafs retire very few sweater numbers. In fact there are only two retired numbers hanging from the rafters at the Air Canada Centre: Ace Bailey's #6 and Bill Barilko's #5. Only players who have made a significant contribution to the Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey Club and have experienced a career-ending incident while a member of the Maple Leaf team will have their numbers considered for retirement. Unfortunately for Leaf fans, Bailey meets these criteria. The first Leaf to lead the NHL in scoring suffered a career-ending head injury in just his eighth NHL season."

Then technically Gilmour's number could be considered...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Daneyko was my favorite player since i can remember. I always loved defense, even as a kid.

I've been a Devils fan since i was one (at birth they were still the Rockies), and i don't think i've ever had a player who i loved more than Daneyko. I loved Verbeek, and i loved Terreri, but Danyko was always the man.

#3 Forever.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived