Philly Flyers Concept

capn89

When the Flyers came out with their Black third jersey years ago, I loved it on first sight, but ever since they decided to make the black their home (away at the time) I cannot stand it. As a third, MAYBE, but not as often as it's used.

Now, when the Flyers introduced their current third jersey, I hated at it first, but believe it or not it has really grown on me and has become my favorite of their jerseys. My only problem with the uniform is the fact that they basically use their old orange socks with an added stripe of silver/gray.

Well I think the Flyers should switch their home to the current third and perhaps create an away white version of it. So this is my concept of a Philly Flyers "What if?"

The orange jersey remains the same, but the socks have changed to match the jersey striping.

PhillyHA.jpg

It looks great. I love the use of orange as the primary color again.

My only problem with it is essentially what the Flyers did, not what you did. I don't like the addition of gray, not to mention the "3-D-ing" of the classic logo. However, with it being used on all uniforms, I can live with the modernized logo. Therefore, I'm not bothered with what you have here.

On the white set, it seems like there needs to be more black somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I think if you put the big orange are black, it'd be overbearing, and essentially ruin your idea for using orange as the primary. To me, it almost seems like the logo could use a black outline...well, a thicker one, or maybe lose the white in between.

Love the return to orange primaries.

Don't mind the addition of silver/gray, and the modernization of the logo.

Don't love what was done to the sleeves. And that's not you; it's what was done on the 3rd sweaters, but you chose to maintain the style. There's no continuity to them. The contrast-colored area is bordered by black on one edge, but ends abruptly at the point where the sleeves attach to the body of the sweater. No border, just a disruption of the graceful curved lines. At least on the white sweaters they have now (and the black ones), the sleeve striping is continuous and looks like what the Flyers are "supposed to look like" IMO.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I really think I'd be fine with these designs if they just used the old logo. The old logo to me is one of those things you just don't mess with.

Orange does need to be Philly's primary colour. When the black's first came out they were cool, they were trendy, now they look tired.

Archived