first time at MSG

ivan26278

for me it was great, I remember watching the Knicks defeating the Pacers(Jan 10th 1995) specially beacause I've never attended an NBA game before(due to where I live) and the other reason was being at MSG.

Anything else to add?.

It was my first and only NBA game.

I went to see the Heat play the Knicks a couple years ago. I was in the very last row, but I still had a good view. The game wasnt that good and the non-game entertainment wasn't very good, but from an architectural standpoint the building was very nice.

1zqy8ok.gif

I saw The Rangers and Sabres at MSG in 1997. The game ended in a 1-1 tie. I didn't care. I got to see Gretzky, Messier, Leech, Richter et al and as an added bonus I also got to see Dominic Hasek. The Rangers only goal was scored by Esa Tikkanen. All in all it was a fairly boring game but who cares. It was The Rangers at MSG. It doesn't get any better than that.

It was also my first trip to New York City. Great city, great arena.

Footnote: After all I had heard about how rude New Yorkers are I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly the staff was at MSG. So were the people in the bar we went to around the corner from MSG and the Rangers store we went into.

BB52Big.jpg

Lived in NYC for 9 years, and have been to MSG many, many times. Lots of Rangers & Knicks games & many concerts (Dave Matthews had James Brown as a surprise guest for his show there - great show).

Here's the primary observation about MSG: most of the great seats are owned by big companies in Manhattan. The whole lower level has season tickets owned by the IBM's, Merrill Lynch's & Xerox's of the world. The upper levels are where most of the "real fans" sit, and the lower levels are guys in suits with corporate cards.

I went to the Flyers/Ottowa game in Philly two Saturday's ago and had 11th row seats on the lower level...VERY different crowd. HARD CORE sports fans...it was great to see "real fans" rooting for the home team!

SB40terribletowel.jpg6220steelers.jpglicense_thum.jpg

I've actually been to only one game at MSG, and I really wouldn't consider it a game. I was lucky enough somehow to have the ABC suite for "70's Night" against the Knicks a few years ago (I don't remember which year, 2002 I think). It was decent, I don't remember much from it, probably because the suites are so high up, and being a 12 year old, it was kinda hard to see.

Archived