Tacoma Diamonds

Lumbergh

The TACOMA wordmark on the left side seems to be fine, but on the right, it looks like the the black outline is too thick or somethin, because from the C to the A there is no white spacing between letters, yet on the left there is and the O inside is comletely black as well...

Other than that, I like it.

Very nice. I'm not sure what your plans are for uniforms, but if you use the diamond for a hat logo, you might want to bump up the contrast between the two reds just for visibility's sake. Otherwise, and beside what's been said, I like this and am looking forward to the uniforms.

for the design its pretty cool. but as a near tacoma resident, the name diamonds and the colors dont scream tacoma. i think the name thugs would be good, as tacoma has like the 2nd highest crime rate per capita of any city in america. trust me. its scary driving through downtown tacoma

anyways nice job! i like!

tacomadiamonds.png

I generally like the look of this, but I have a number of minor suggestions. First, though, some nitpicking praise: I love the subtle mowing pattern on the baseball diamond. Nice touch.

1. Generally, the colors don't work well with the name for me. Nice colors, nice name, but taken together I just don't think "diamonds" when I see red, yellow, and black. Nor do I think of red, yellow, and black when I think of the word "diamond." You've got a lot of hot colors, but the diamond name calls for cool colors. Blue, silver, white, pale yellow, gray, that sort of thing. Yes, there are such things as red diamonds. But I challenge you to find a single instance in the history of the English language when a woman was described as having "diamond-red lips." Oddly enough, the baseball in your primary logo looks more like a diamond than your actual diamond gemstone.

2. On the baseball diamond, you have a regular, square base where home plate should be. The red basepath for home plate should be flat across the top, not a corner, and the base itself should look like home plate, not second base.

3. The black outlines and fill-ins on the "Tacoma" wordmark need alteration. Filling in more black between the T, A, and C would be good, or you could eliminate the black fill-ins on the A, C, O, M, and A. The latter would be my choice; limit the black to a true outline or a drop shadow. Right now, when I look at it, I either see "TACO ma" or "ta COMA". (Actually, the colors would be perfect for a team named the "Tacos.")

4. The subtle refraction pattern on your gemstone is very nice. So much so that I'd love to see it extended to the wordmark in some way. Perhaps make the T and the D bigger and give them refraction patterns like the diamond.

20082614447.png

Archived