Need some help from some of you (if possible)

joshgator

Back in December a long time member on this board named Robb Knight contacted me from an add I left on the E-bay wanted section. I was looking for a game used or issued Florida Gators football jersey from the last couple of seasons.

He told me about what he does and showed me some of his work. He seemed like a real nice guy and his work looked good so I sent him a check for $120.00 in January.

After working together for a couple of months to get the right size/scale and colors for the jersey communications between Robb and I begun to really slow down. At first he always answered emails very quickly, but it has now been more than a month since I have herd anything from him at all.

I have emailed him, PM'd him, and even sent him a hand written letter to his address.

I have only recently read one of his last posts on here explaining about the hard times that he has fallen on. I really feel for him, but had I not dug that info up, I wouldn't even know that. I really feel that an email or phone call from him just saying that he is busy and will get to it when he can would not be too much to ask at all. There are other people on this board who are kind of in the same boat as I am in right now with Robb.

Again, I am not asking him to stop what he is doing and send my jersey, but I am asking him to let me know something.

Is anyone in contact with Robb, or have anyway to get in touch with him other than over the internet.

I would really appreciate any help concerning this matter. I certainly don't want this to get harsh, but I just can't let him have $120.00.

Please feel free to post here or PM me.

Thank You, Josh

Me and Josh have been swapping quite a few PM's recently, and I hate to bring this into the main board but Robb has stopped contacting me as well, which is odd because we were always on pretty good terms, and always swapping messages. While it is true he is making me another jersey, I told him awhile ago to go ahead and shelve that project he was working on for me and get his personal life straightened out, because it is only a jersey and he has much bigger worries. Unfortunatley, Josh seems to be in a particular plight, and I'm afraid that I've done as much as I can, and this doesn't seem any closer to be resolved. While I do believe Robb is a stand up guy and isn't screwing me or him over, this certainley looks shady.

I would have loved to have bought one of these from a retail store and searched e-bay for a couple of years looking for one, but Uf does not let any of their game used stuff get out of the locker rooms.

Robb introduced me to this message board and showed me the jerseys he was making at this time (arkansas and Jax/jaguars)

From what I gathered he was one of the more well-thought of contributors and had a history of making jerseys for people. I still don't think that he is scamming me, but I am really beginning to wonder. I still want to give him every opportunity to contact me before going a step further with this.

I received an email from Robb today and he told me about his situation and even left a contact number for me to reach him. I am really sorry for the situation that he is in right now and encourage everyone to pray for his friends. Anyhow, I wanted to make sure that any negative light that might have been cast on Robb is totally removed. I'll post the Chris Leak jersey so everyone can check it out once I get it. I am sure it will be awesome!

Thanks a lot, Josh

EDIT:

As of today..4-25 I still don't have the Chris Leak jersey and haven't herd from Robb in a couple of weeks. This is the normal pattern that I have seen for the last 3 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Robb,

If you see this message please contact me. I was supposed to have herd from you on Easter weekend and have called and left 2 messages for you (as well as several emails). I am afraid that we are seeing a developing pattern here. You told me that my jersey was ready and that you would send it last week. I would appreciate you getting back with me asap so we can get this matter resolved once and for all. I understand that you are busy right now, but this would only take a minute of your time and is certainly not too much to ask.

I hope to hear from you soon and will keep trying to contact you.

If anyone knows Robb and can help me out I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

Thanks, Josh

Still nothing from Robb.

While not very responsible, I still believe that Robb is a good guy and will eventually follow through with the deal. I don't know why he would have taken the time to give me a phone number and then not return my call (or at least email me)

I certainly do not want to make Robb's life any harder than it is right now and am going to continue to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I just can't decide what my time-line should be in all fairness.

The absolutely last thing I want to do is file internet fraud claims with the Monroe police, but if my hands are tied I will have to do it.

Robb, If you are reading this...just email me and let me know you are sending the jersey and everything will be fine, no explanation is needed.

I'm still waiting.

responsibility or irresponsibility isn't the issue.

if i remember correctly, robb was involved in a pretty terrible car wreck and is suffering short term memory loss.

i'm betting you'll get your jersey, and understand you are trying to be patient. but a jersey is a jersey, this guy is trying to put his life back together. keep emailing him, if you want, but stop calling him out in public, that's the last thing he needs right now. i'm sure he already gets alot of :censored: from people he doesn't know because of the memory loss.

try standing in his shoes, and think how it would feel if you constantly couldn't remember what happened 10 minutes ago.

fun?

i doubt it.

Sorry,

I don't know Robb from Adam, although he seems like a nice guy.

Here are the facts again:

- sent him money in January

-stopped hearing from him completely in Feb-

-posted this thead to try to get some answers or create some accountability

-herd from him the next day

-promised to send pictures and the finished product 2 weeks ago\

-won't return phone calls or emails 2 weeks later

-have other members who haven't herd from him for months that sent him money last year

Hopefully you would be able to understand my concern.

I know everyone is different, but if I had another person's money and ran into some problems (whatever they might be) I would let that party know something instead of just shutting down comminucation. Forgive me for being a little skepticle.

This is not un-reasonable on my part in the least.

Joel-fiasco,

I am sorry to hear that he has memory problems (i really am and wasn't aware of that)) but that's not an excuse for me to just forget about the 120.00 that I sent him and say "well I'll just forget about the deal because of this new developement". If he is having problems in that area, he probably shouldn't be taking on these projects. Emailing and calling him do no good at all. Outside of pursuing legal options this is my only hope and I am going to do everything I can to keep from having to do that.

Again, I am not mad at him and wish him well, but I do expect to hear something from him soon.

Wow. You really want this jersey, huh? You paid cash for this thing? What's the holdup? Most banks will reverse charges if you just want your money back.

I don't know. I see this topic bumped every day and I'm sure everyone else has. Seems to me like maybe, sorry, no one cares. However, I did once wait six months for a Slackers CD I ordered online. It took forever, but I did get it. And it was terrific.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, Robb finnaly got back in touch with me. He sent me this:

Hey Drew...

Good to hear from you man!!Yeah,things are finally starting to take a turn for the better.Rachel is responding well to treatment her treatment which is a real blessing.I have not been home in Monroe in quite a while except to make trips to get clothes or pay bills,get my mail,etc and then I've come back down here to Rachel's mother's,which is where I am now and have been since right after my last CCSLC post.Her mom's computer is weird about cookies so I have to do the login process everytime I go to the CCSLC from here so I'm just taking a break from there until this passes and I'm back finally home.The thing about the jerseys is that I talked to Wanda - my sewing lady - just last week and all of you guy's jerseys have been finished and have been for a while,I just have'nt been there to pick them up and send them out.I was going to just have her do it but I really want to get pics of them first so that I can have more to show off for potential customers.I'm just really in a bind right now with all of this but most all my other customers have been really understanding,I just REALLY hate that I have'nt been able to deliver like I normally would.In fact,the Giants jersey I made for you,and the Buccaneers jersey I made for 49erfan15 are actually the 2nd attempt at each one.I made the originals months back and had them ready to ship out.Then I made a deal with Wilson to get NFL on-field style jerseys from them and the Teamwork brand jerseys I was using just did not compare,so I started over and made new LT and Steve Young jerseys and then this came up with Rachel in February and after she took a turn for the worse she began to improve and now it looks like she'll recovery fully which I'm SOOO thankful for.

The sucky part about all of this is that I have probably ruined my rep on the CCSLC and may have even lost my membership.Josh's jersey has been finished for a while but it's the same situation:I just want to take my pics of it before I send it to him and I want to inspect it myself before doing so,because if Wanda sends it off there could be something wrong that she does'nt know to look for....I just like to be thorough with things.Josh has called me quite a bit but since I dont have pics of his jersey yet I dont know what to say to him.I even put other people's orders on hold to get his done before Rachel's cancer came about,thinking he was going to be a repeat customer.I've dug a hole for myself without even trying to really and it sucks....because for one I'm anything but a crook,and two,I actually CARE about what I make and go to great lengths to replicate the real thing unlike so many guys on Ebay.It just sucks..because I cant just bail out on Rachel and tell her I've got my jersey responsibilities and I'll be back soon....I cant do that even if she told me to go on.She's helped me out so many times in so many ways that I could never repay her.She's been the best girlfriend a guy could ever ask for and once she's fully recovered she'll be the best wife a guy could ask for.

Anyways enough of my sob story.If you dont mind could you let everyone know Rachel is done with treatment for now,is improving,and let everyone know I definitely have not forgotten about their jerseys and promise that everyone WILL be taken care of...I would really appreciate it.If I have to when I do return and if Chris still has a place for me there then I'll hook you and anyone else up with a jersey on me just for having to wait so dang long.Again I'm so sorry for all of this but it was really good to hear from you and hope to hear back from you soon.Take care!

Robb

right now best thing to do is let Robb take care of personal issues. He's going through alot, and I think Jersey's are the last thing on his mind, give him a little time and he will take care of it, he's an honorable man and takes care of the people that is needed. Wish you well Robb

Archived