Mavs' alternates

vicfurth

I'd have thought the Mavs/Magic blue is quite a bit darker. The Nuggets have a very pale blue.

On the Mavs new alternate, I am thinking like most other people a bit too dark. Otherwise it might have looked quite good.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you can't say Mark Cuban doesn't listen to the fans. Of 300 emails he got on the new jerseys, only 3 were "positive." So it's not official, but it is unlikely the Mavs will sport these again.

Personally, I don't mind the alternate. I think he would be better off redoing these in a different color if league merchandising rules permit. Otherwise, nice try buddy.

Actually, the Nuggets use TWO different Blues...and, the darker of the two IS the same Blue as Orlandos' and Dallas's:

DENVER NUGGETS LIGHT BLUE

DENVER NUGGETS ROYAL BLUE

DENVER NUGGETS GOLD

For the Light Blue - think Houston Oilers' Columbia Blue (and Tennessee Titans' "Titan Blue")

Let me ask you this Pantone.  How do you know what exact color combos people use?  Is there somewhere that lists all the values or do you keep messing with them until you get them right?  You sure do seem to know alot about them.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

I collect them, and store them in a database.

This kind of stuff is considered copyrightable information by the leagues and teams; even though you technically cannot copyright color combinations.  That being said, I don't divulge this stuff too often in order to respect the teams' wishes.  A lot of these teams are trusting me to NOT post or publish this information anywhere.  The Arena Football League seems to be the MOST strict about this for some reason.

Actually, the Nuggets use TWO different Blues...and, the darker of the two IS the same Blue as Orlandos' and Dallas's:

DENVER NUGGETS LIGHT BLUE

DENVER NUGGETS ROYAL BLUE

DENVER NUGGETS GOLD

For the Light Blue - think Houston Oilers' Columbia Blue (and Tennessee Titans' "Titan Blue")

Speaking of the Nuggets, man are those some SHINY home uniforms they have!  They're more blinding than the Mavs' silvers.

The PANTONE company's been around for quite a few years.  Our Mr. PANTONE is probably just as old  :;): , but as far as I know, he's not connected with the company.  He's just an obsessed fan, like the rest of us, only with better connections.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The PANTONE company's been around for quite a few years. Our Mr. PANTONE is probably just as old :;): , but as far as I know, he's not connected with the company. He's just an obsessed fan, like the rest of us, only with better connections.

Nope.  Just obsessed.

:laugh:

Archived