Busting Baseball Myths: Scientist Throws Big Curve

brinkeguthrie

That "Getting under the ball" technique in the outfield is wrong. It is really is difficult to judge where the ball is going to land if it's going straight to you.

As for keeping you eye on the ball in the batter's box, that's wrong too. Even as a

little leaguer, I had a hard time tracking a pitch.

I saw, I came, I left.

That "Getting under the ball" technique in the outfield is wrong. It is really is difficult to judge where the ball is going to land if it's going straight to you.

As for keeping you eye on the ball in the batter's box, that's wrong too. Even as a

it may be impossible but for a young hitter thats they best way to teach them so they keep their head in the box rather than pulling their head out early and pulling off the pitch.

very interesting reading though, thanks for the link.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

it may be impossible but for a young hitter thats they best way to teach them so they keep their head in the box rather than pulling their head out early and pulling off the pitch.

very interesting reading though, thanks for the link.

Well if you had the eye sight that I had growing up, it was hard enough just to see the ball, even with glasses on. :D Actually before I had glasses, I got headaches when I kept my eye on the ball the whole way which is probably why I only concentrated on the pitch half way through. Then again there is a BIG difference between major league pitches than little league pitches.....

I saw, I came, I left.

It's kind of funny. I always remember taking the first pitch and watching what happened with the ball, even in Babe Ruth ball.

Not that it helped me, though. I usually struck out. Alas, I'm one of those frustrated jocks who always wished he was good but never was.

Archived