Richmond SPHL Team Unveils Name, Logo

HatCityEnforcer

Well, with the UHL's Richmond Riverdogs being unceremoniously given the Ol' Yeller treatment by an uncaring owner, the SPHL moved in quickly to fill the void.

Today, in a press conference, the new club announced it's name and unveiled it's logo...

Say hello to...the Richmond Renegades

Yup, they went and resurrected the nickname of the old ECHL club.

Here's the logo...got a better version of it from the 'Gades site that just went online about an hour and a half ago...

top.jpg

Personally, I like the touch of adding the old "R" that the Renegades used to use in their ECHL/ACHL days on the pirate's hat.

On the site itself, there's a pretty nice looking secondary logo of a pirate ship with the old-school "R" logo on one of the sails.

You can get a good view of the secondary here!

Also, in kind of a neat little tribute (found this out from a few of the Richmond hockey fans I know from another board), the pirate has the patch on his left eye in honor of owner Allan Harvie and coach Brophy....both of whom are blind in their left eyes.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Way to go, enforcer! I have been waiting to see what they were going to come up with. I figured that either you or Catnip was going to get this to us as soon as it was available.

Three things. First of all, any ideas on the jerseys, what they will look like and when we will be able to get a peek?

Second, Is that color scheme going to mix too closely with the Columbus Cottonmouths? They use Blue with a muted gold.

Third, have either of you (Hat, Catnip or anyone else for that matter) picked up the official line of on the return of the Pee Dee Pride next year? (I.E. the renaming of the Cyclones) I didn't see anything on their website.

Peace out homies

Dave

Way to go, enforcer!  I have been waiting to see what they were going to come up with.  I figured that either you or Catnip was going to get this to us as soon as it was available. 

Three things.  First of all, any ideas on the jerseys, what they will look like and when we will be able to get a peek?

Second, Is that color scheme going to mix too closely with the Columbus Cottonmouths?  They use Blue with a muted gold.

Third, have either of you (Hat, Catnip or anyone else for that matter) picked up the official line of on the return of the Pee Dee Pride next year? (I.E. the renaming of the Cyclones)  I didn't see anything on their website.

Peace out homies

Dave

Not a prob, man....I've kind of adopted the 'Gades as my SPHL team for the coming season seeing I know some of the fans down there from the UHL days....

To answer your questions:

1.) Dilbert had the scoop on his entry on this....gold at home, blue on the road.

2.) Seems like it shouldn't be much of a problem with Columbus's color scheme...looks like the 'Gades are leaning towards an "athletic gold" over the Cottonmouths use of a "Vegas gold".

3.) Nothing as of yet on the Pee Dee situation...all I know is that they're definiately gonna be back for the 06-07 season. Haven't heard anything on a name change from Cyclones to Pride...then again, it is a long way from now until October, so anything is possible.

FANTASY TEAMS

Thankfully, when the Renegades decided to honor their history, they didn't decide to pick this era:

03_Renegades_f.jpg

Yeesh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Greetings!

It's good to see the SPHL chat during the offseason.

I am doing my best (as is Enforcer, I am sure) to get a picture of the jersey prototype. As the team is in its enfancy, I have limited contacts there, however I am attempting to get one.

I am also trying to get some sort of official something from Pee Dee about the Cyclones/Pride. Good luck. If it is true, I am sure there will be some sort of "official" announcement from the team. I don't expect to hear anything before that, if indeed the rumor is true, however I will confirm that it's a rumor I have heard.

Sodboy... that is HIDEOUS! Hopefully that will never see the light of day again. That is worse than some of the SPHL camo jerseys from the last couple of years.

I will try and get everyone some actual information in my next post. I was just saying hi after seeing Dave use my name in vain earlier in the post : )

Mark

BroncosSig.jpg

Good find, mudbug!

Shoulda known to check with that particular person you got the pics from (I know her from the UHL boards...one of the better photogs out there, IMO)...

I like the unis...they have a Team Sweden kind of feel to them...

FANTASY TEAMS

Wassup (again?)

Good observation on the "Team Sweeden" look. I agree.

All in all I have to give these a thumbs up. The logo isn't too complicated, there is no teal or black, the throwback logo is on the shoulders (a classy move) and they have pretty much observed the most important rule in all of uniform design (IMHO) which is TWO COLORS AND WHITE being the max number allowed.

If I were to nitpick, I would go with stripes instead of chevrons on the sleeves, but that would of course make the neck collar pattern more out of place. For a minor league hockey team I am impressed! Face it. Minor league hockey is notorious for putting monstrosities on the ice. (see the ALT jersey earlier in the post)

Mudbug, any chance of getting that friend of yours to grant permission to post them on the board here? Nothing wrong with the link, but I have always been under the impression that more people will comment if the snapshot is right in front of them.

One other note... a cleaner version of the new logo is up on the SPHL website homepage. SPHL HOME PAGE

THUMBS UP!

Peace out my artful homies

Dave

Greetings all!

I have never felt so behind! I get home from work and there are already Logos, links to the new jerseys, etc up on the board. Good work everyone! Allow me to add my 2 cents in here. Dave linked to this, but here is the VISUAL version of the new logo from the SPHL website.

Renegadeslogo.jpg

I also see the influence of the Olympic champions in the unis, however I would have to assume that the colors would have been decided long before the Olympics (one would hope so).

The jerseys are nice. I ditto Dave when he says that two colors are plenty for a jersey (plus white) I believe that the "arrows" on the neck are borrowed from the Atlanta Thrashers Jerseys, but aside from that can anyone see where the inspiration came from?

Not a complaint, just a statement... I notice that the yellow in the jersey material and the yellow in the logo don't seem to jive very well based on some of the pictures. (see below) Is that just lighting or a result of the prototype mockup jersey?

Renegades Home Jersey

Do they have any official Pantone type information yet? It's time to start working on my Renegades jersey for my NHL2006 computer game hack : )

Not that anyone cares, but the Icebears won my NHL 2005 hack by a 3 games to 1 margin over the Huntsville Havoc. I think EASports gets their drawers in a bunch about people modifying thier games, but does anyone else load the SPHL into any of their computer games??? (don't respond JUST to call me a loser)

An additional "WHO CARES". I would like to repent for the BRUTAL (albeit accidental) spelling of "infancy" in my last post. 20 lashes with a Sherwood Hockey stick (It will break after 2 or 3 lashes).

Only 163 days until the puck drops!!!!

Mark

BroncosSig.jpg

Archived