Dale Jr. to honour dad with replica car

officeglenn

It'll be neat to see something resembling the old #3 back on the track again.

Dale Jr's likely not going to win 7 cups like his dad but I think it's safe to say that he's a strong enough presence independent of his dad's legacy to be able to run this car without it cheapening the image or the honor of Dale, Sr. And I'm glad it's only going to be a 1 time deal. Frankly, I think Petty Enterprises should have retired the #43 and the Petty Blue once King Richard descended the throne in order to honor his legacy, but the decision not to was made by The King himself.

This is a great tribute.

As far as the #43 is concerned...it's my understanding that the Pettys wanted to retire the number, but NASCAR told them that if they didn't put it on a car, they were going to take it away from them and give it to another team. I don't know how much of that is true, but it's something I heard a few months back.

NASCAR told them that if they didn't put it on a car, they were going to take it away from them and give it to another team.

I have a hard time believing they would do that. It's almost the same scenario as the #3.

ucnu112sig.png

umm, i don't think the number is retired per se, other than the owner of the number, Richard Childress, just choosing not to run it. the 43 could have been redistributed if not used, but i don't think Petty Ent wanted to retire it so much as the fans of the King did.

it kinda takes away the effect with the entire stable dressed in black like that. besides, that isn't what i'd call the "signature" DE car scheme.

a def meh from my view, but i wasn't a Dale fan anyway.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

NASCAR told them that if they didn't put it on a car, they were going to take it away from them and give it to another team.

I have a hard time believing they would do that. It's almost the same scenario as the #3.

Except the King didn't die in the car.

Archived