Red Sox-Yankees Sally Style

iowahoo

A couple of years ago the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx and the Tennessee Smokies did the same thing for the Cardinals and Cubs. At the end of the series they auctioned off the jerseys. It was pretty cool to see the major league unis out there, and I ended up with a game worn Skip Schumaker jersey for $25.

the real question you should be asking is why they named the team the Drive in the first place...another one of those great intangible emotion team names... :rolleyes: supposedly it has to do with the local auto mfg industry (BWM has a huge operation here) but it is pretty dumb. That said, they do have a nice new stadium that has integrated elements of Fenway into it. haven't been to a game yet this year, but i did last year when they were known as the Bombers at the old stadium (which sucked).

the real question you should be asking is why they named the team the Drive in the first place...another one of those great intangible emotion team names... :rolleyes: supposedly it has to do with the local auto mfg industry (BWM has a huge operation here) but it is pretty dumb. That said, they do have a nice new stadium that has integrated elements of Fenway into it. haven't been to a game yet this year, but i did last year when they were known as the Bombers at the old stadium (which sucked).

agreed, karl.

i assume you are from or live in greenville. therefore you obviously know that most people dislike the drive name. i ran into the guy that runs the "Greenville Joes" display in the West End on saturday, and he seemed interested in getting my logo into the right hands for a possible name change. the only reason the team wasn't named the "Joes" (which i think sucks too) is because Selig won't allow a team to be named after or associated with a banned player (shoeless joe jackson).

here's the identity i've been trying to get into the right hands.

Naturals10.gif

agreed, karl.

i assume you are from or live in greenville. therefore you obviously know that most people dislike the drive name. i ran into the guy that runs the "Greenville Joes" display in the West End on saturday, and he seemed interested in getting my logo into the right hands for a possible name change. the only reason the team wasn't named the "Joes" (which i think sucks too) is because Selig won't allow a team to be named after or associated with a banned player (shoeless joe jackson).

here's the identity i've been trying to get into the right hands.

Naturals10.gif

Dude, you ripped that logo off of one of the guys in the Continental League.

I'm telling.

funny, yale...but i'm guessing half of the people here don't know that the CL is a fantasy league on this site.

my work, don't be confused by the counselor's attempt at humor.

yes, i live in the area...seneca, to be exact, but i work in greenville. i wasn't aware of a majority of people disliking the name, but then again, i haven't really talked to that many people about it. it seems like the organization has gotten everything else right so far, (stadium, logo at least looks pretty good) but the name just doesn't do anything for me...it just allows the press to come up with all sorts of bad cliches / puns...that said, i like your logo, especially the color combination, which works well with the area: blue (sky/ lakes), green (nature/mountains) and burnt red (georgia clay/dirt!). the "N" kind of reminded me of the old Nashville Sounds wordmark (not accusing you of ripping it off or anything, just the first thing i thought of when i saw it). so what is the significance of the "Naturals"? an alternative to "Joes" or just to the natural beauty in the area? MLB really needs to get over the banning of all things Shoeless Joe. the guy's been gone for a half century. let it go...he was a great player regardless of what he may or may not have done wrong. if barry bonds gets to play, then why can't Joe get a little love?

Archived