High School Basketball Concept

thepablo21

Hey guys, I have been lurking for a while and this is my first post as well as first concept. It is for my high school basketball team, the Patriots. I tried to make it kinda old-school but still simple and modern. I am also fairly new to Photoshop so it might not look the best, but you get the idea.

firstuniformforonline.jpg

Opinions?

Actually, I love this. Powder-and-red is one of my all-time favorite color-combos. The logo's great...

If you shrink the front number to about 3/4 its current size, and if you center the script, this will be perfect.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Love the look, love the color scheme (one of our local high schools uses the same colors). One suggestion, though: a little consistency would go a long way.

Examples:

- numbering is drop-shadowed on one jersey, outlined on the other.

- waistband is red/white/blue on one pair of shorts, blue/white/blue on the other.

- neckline is similar to the waistband.

- script lettering on one uniform, radial arc capitals on the other.

To be honest, both styles work very well. I would think going in either direction would yield a great concept, but right now this feels like it's trying to be everything to everyone, and it comes off as a little unfocused. Just my 2 cents, I do like what you've got going here.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

wow ive been here for like 2 years.... ive posted a maximum of 6 times and have never once posted a concept... well thanx for making me look like crap... but really welcome

and i really love the concept... like vicfurth said, lightblue and red is such a great, and rarely used combo and overall its a great concept

Archived