AZ Cardinals Stadium...2006 Season Tickets

TruColor

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but why don't they just sell the last 3,000 seats as season tickets?  They'd sell like hotcakes.

because the common people who can't afford season tickets may want to get into the game.

Regardless, it's a poor business decision (one that my Packers have also followed). If you have a market for your services, and can demand payment well in advance for your product (my season ticket invoice comes due in a week), you are foolish to not sell all you can.

Good luck with the new stadium, Cardinal fans!

No team would completely sell each seat for Season Tickets for various reasons: Tickets for family and friends of the team, sponsors, promotions (Radio giveaways and such), and general admission (Single game tickets are priced well higher that a Season Ticket Holder's seat). The team will do what they feel makes the most money, and selling single game tickets bring in a lot of money as well.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but why don't they just sell the last 3,000 seats as season tickets?  They'd sell like hotcakes.

because the common people who can't afford season tickets may want to get into the game.

Regardless, it's a poor business decision (one that my Packers have also followed). If you have a market for your services, and can demand payment well in advance for your product (my season ticket invoice comes due in a week), you are foolish to not sell all you can.

Good luck with the new stadium, Cardinal fans!

No team would completely sell each seat for Season Tickets for various reasons: Tickets for family and friends of the team, sponsors, promotions (Radio giveaways and such), and general admission (Single game tickets are priced well higher that a Season Ticket Holder's seat). The team will do what they feel makes the most money, and selling single game tickets bring in a lot of money as well.

Wrong, on many accounts.

Tickets are priced based on their location in the stadium. You don't get a discount on NFL tickets for buying season tickets. (Maybe in a couple of markets that can't sell tickets, but that's the exception).

Up until the addition of 10,000 seats in Lambeau, ALL tickets were season tickets. Some of the new seats are now held in reserve for residents of Brown County to buy on a single game basis (they are sold well before the season stars, however -- there's no such thing as a walk-up sale).

Promotional tickets? Not in Green Bay.

Tickets for family/friends/whatever all have to be paid for up front, in advance, by the players.

It's where I sit.

There are some seats held back as appropriate; players (at least when I covered the Packers a few years ago) got two seats free and could pay for others (although there was a deadline a few weeks in advance of the game). In addition, a small block of seats is held for use by the visiting team (for players with family in the area to buy, etc. (I had a friend who worked in the ticket office of a team that visited Green Bay who gave me two tickets in that section a few years ago). Sometimes, the visiting team doesn't use all those seats, and they might be made available a day or two before the game; check with your team's ticket office to find out if that is the case.

I still believe that any facility that is funded with taxpayer money has the obligation to provide some means for the general public to get into the facility for its primary use (NFL football) without going through scalpers. Green Bay does it by reserving some seats for single-game sale to county residents only. But if the stadium is privately built, let the buyer beware.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Wrong, on many accounts.

Tickets are priced based on their location in the stadium. You don't get a discount on NFL tickets for buying season tickets. (Maybe in a couple of markets that can't sell tickets, but that's the exception).

Up until the addition of 10,000 seats in Lambeau, ALL tickets were season tickets. Some of the new seats are now held in reserve for residents of Brown County to buy on a single game basis (they are sold well before the season stars, however -- there's no such thing as a walk-up sale).

Promotional tickets? Not in Green Bay.

Tickets for family/friends/whatever all have to be paid for up front, in advance, by the players.

This was in general.....not just what the Packers do.

Working with sports organizations myself, I have a grasp on what the majority of teams do with tickets.

As far as Season Tickets are concerned, the averaged price-per-game of a Season Ticket is lower than the price of that same ticket if it were General Admission. And if the team has sold a lot of season tickets, the price for General Admission goes up. Basic summary of Supply vs. Demand.

And I guarentee you that not every seat at Lambeau was a Season Ticket holder's seat. There might not have been any tickets available to the public, but they all weren't season tickets. Part of having sponsors is guarenteeing them seats at games...there's always been that trade-off. Not to mention the seats set aside for family and friends of each teams' players and personnel. (Which you admitted, by the way.) So, in turn, ALL seats weren't held by Season Ticket holders.

Archived