Chain-stitch embroidery

VitaminD

I think the New York Rangers wordmark would use it. The third jersey logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs would look great with it too, even if they only use white stitching on a blue leaf. As well, the Bruins main logo, if the spokes are made up of gold and black chain stitches, would look good too.

It could technically be used for any logo in any league, but these three could be the feasibly easiest to change.

Another question...is there any other team besides the Mighty Ducks who have padded crests? The actual duck mask on the front crest (and shoulder logos to a smaller extent) are stuffed with padding, kind of like a New Era ballcap logo. It's like having a miniature pillow on your chest.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The Cardinals chain stitching is even more unique.

It is stitched DIRECTLY into the jersey.

The Phils, however have the logo chain stitched to a piece of fabric, then applied to the jersey, allowing the Phillies logos to be mass produced.

I'm fairly certain the Astros is that way (Cards) as well...

Moose

I am absolutely certain the Astros do their stitching directly onto the jerseys, in the same way as the Cardinals. I have one sitting at home.

The Astros switched from twill in 2002.

Bill Henderson points out the Cards/Astros vs. Phillies difference in the Style Guide.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived