Blue Jays Left sleve patch

So, im sittin here watching my LA Angels play the Blue Jays and a patch on the left sleve of the Blue Jays uniforms. so my question is...what does the TC stand for on the left sleve of the Blue Jays uniforms? it also looks like a microphone to the right of the C on the patch.

uofh2aa1.pnghawaiinokaoieu8.png

461177213572il8.png801177214515jw7.png

My favorite saying... "Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, so therefore i am perfect!!!"

The TC stands for Tom Cheek the long time blue jays announer who died this past year.

He was the Jays announcer since...well...they came into existance I think and called over 2000 consecutive games. He died of brain cancer and last season was the first time he was unable to call a Jays game.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The TC stands for Tom Cheek the long time blue jays announer who died this past year.

He was the Jays announcer since...well...they came into existance I think and called over 2000 consecutive games. He died of brain cancer and last season was the first time he was unable to call a Jays game.

My head hurts so much from reading this :)

Tom Cheek was announcer from day 1, he called 4306 consecutive games (the number has been "honoured"/retired by the club).

The first time he was unable to call a Jays game was actually in 2004 just prior to getting brain cancer, it was when his dad died and he went to attend the funeral that he ended the streak.

Very nice guy, waited with him outside the "key room" at the Dome once because we both needed, well, keys! He started singing... I didn't interrupt.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

My head hurts so much from reading this :)

Tom Cheek was announcer from day 1, he called 4306 consecutive games (the number has been "honoured"/retired by the club).

The first time he was unable to call a Jays game was actually in 2004 just prior to getting brain cancer, it was when his dad died and he went to attend the funeral that he ended the streak.

Very nice guy, waited with him outside the "key room" at the Dome once because we both needed, well, keys! He started singing... I didn't interrupt.

Sorry for being very, very off. If you look at the time I posted (8 am) I was not yet awake. I have not woken that early in a longggg time so cut me some slack Mr. Know-It-All-Jays-Guy!

BTW, are you going to go to Tuesdays $2 game?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

BTW, are you going to go to Tuesdays $2 game?

No, I try to avoid the $2 games

There are so many morons who go to those games and try to ruin it for everyone else.

The Dodgers had $2 Tuesdays a couple years ago; I went to the third or fourth one of the season, and there was almost a riot...they had to stop the game for like 15 minutes because people were throwing trash and other objects onto the field, and there were several fights in the stands.

For some odd reason, they stopped having $2 Tuesdays after that.

On opening day of this year, Tom Cheek was honoured and his family was on hand at the SkyDome, including his son Jeff. Jays' radio play-by-play guy Jerry Howarth (who called many a game with Cheek) asked Jeff if he wanted to call the 4th with him to celebrate Tom's memory... Jeff said it'd be hard, but sure.

Jays were down 1-0 going into the fourth, and left the inning up 3-1 capped by a towering shot by Bengie Molina that landed but a few feet away from Tom Cheek's banner on the Level of Excellence.

Flashback a year, Tom Cheek came to try and call a game on opening day. The Jays were down 1-0 and Cheek decided to call the fourth inning. The Jays left the fourth inning up 3-1, capped off by a towering shot from Vernon Wells. That inning was his last. Cheek said he was getting tired couldn't continue the game.

Just a cool sequence of events from this season to honour the memory of one of the most important figures in Jays history.

I need to get that patch for my Janssen jersey

Archived