Hampton Roads/Norfolk Rhinos

But, the city of Norfolk itself would've been a great location. I think they definitely should've come up with a better name than Rhinos.

Yeah, I know. I was kidding about why they didn't get it. I still think though, if given the chance, the NHL would have returned back to Winnipeg and Quebec before places like Columbus and Nashville got teams. They really dropped the ball (or puck in this instance) on that one...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Could've been a lot worse. I think Norfolk would have had a much better chance at a franchise only if they had released another name for the team. I see their reason behind it. But, it figures George Shinn would think of something stupid.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Could've been a lot worse. I think Norfolk would have had a much better chance at a franchise only if they had released another name for the team. I see their reason behind it. But, it figures George Shinn would think of something stupid.

I doubt team name was the key factor.

As for the logos, I suspect they'd have done something better for the acutal team, had it been awarded. These are just too awful. I think they were just thrown together for this campaign.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Could've been a lot worse.  I think Norfolk would have had a much better chance at a franchise only if they had released another name for the team.  I see their reason behind it.  But, it figures George Shinn would think of something stupid.

I doubt team name was the key factor.

As for the logos, I suspect they'd have done something better for the acutal team, had it been awarded. These are just too awful. I think they were just thrown together for this campaign.

That's probablly the case. The Wild never used their primary logo until the franchise was awarded.

Archived