PANTONE Color Help

OrangeCrush

I was wondering what is considered "red", "purple", and "gold". I know it is basiclly personal interpretation but, is there a PANTONE that most consider for the above colors. Thank you for your time and help.

TexasAggiessig.jpg

PROUDEST MEMBER OF THE FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE CLASS OF 2005... WHOOP!

That's kind of a strange question, but whatev. My most often used reds are PANTONE 180 (warmer) and PANTONE 1805 (cooler). I don't use purple all that often, but favorite purples may be PANTONE 216 (warmer) and PANTONE 242 (cooler). The golds I like are PANTONE 123 (yellow), PANTONE 4515 (bright metallic) and PANTONE 465 (dim metallic). Theae are all solid coated © values.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

PANTONE Red is called "PANTONE Red 032"

PANTONE Purple is called "PANTONE Purple" (it doesn't have a number)

PANTONE Violet is called "PANTONE Violet" (it doesn't have a number)

PANTONE Golds are all over the place bepending on how warm or cool you want it, but between 871 and 876 is a good place to start.

Remember that the colors you see on your monitor can vary greatly from printed colors. Make a test print of the colors before choosing the one you want to use.

Save the slugalo.

See, this stuff is so subjective...PANTONE 180 C is called "Golden Gate Orange" by the Golden State Warriors...to me, it's a burnt Red-Orange. PANTONE 216 C is considered more of a Burgundy. The other thing is, 4515 C and 465 C are not metallic - they're Beiges that are sometimes considered "Vegas Gold".

Typical standard Reds used by teams - 186 C, 199 C, 200 C, 485 C. Blues - 280 C, 287 C, 288 C, 294 C. Navy Blues are usually 282 C, or 289 C. Greens - 356 C, 347 C, 348 C. Yellows - 109 C, 116 C, 123 C, 1235 C. Oranges - 152 C, 165 C, Orange 021 C, 172 C. Purples - 266 C, 267 C, 273 C. As Tazz013 said - 871 C, 872 C, 873 C, and 874 C are standard Metallic Golds, while 875 C and 876 C are more Bronze/Copper. 877 C and 8001 C are fairly standard Silvers. Blacks are typically Process Black C, Black C or Black 6 C. Grays fall into 421 C, 422 C, 428 C, 429 C, or any of the Cool Grays (Warm Grays are used a lot as well).

Just a few of the 1,400+ choices (in the Solid Colors realm).

Thanks for all the help, and...

That's kind of a strange question

The reason I asked is because I am sending a design converted from AI to a PDF and somehow my colors in AI got way off. So, I thought I would ask for color numbers instead of trying hundreds of conversions.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

TexasAggiessig.jpg

PROUDEST MEMBER OF THE FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE CLASS OF 2005... WHOOP!

The other thing is, 4515 C and 465 C are not metallic - they're Beiges that are sometimes considered "Vegas Gold".

I know they're not actual metallic inks. I use them when I want the more subdued, true gold look as opposed to the golden yellow look.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The other thing is, 4515 C and 465 C are not metallic - they're Beiges that are sometimes considered "Vegas Gold".

I know they're not actual metallic inks. I use them when I want the more subdued, true gold look as opposed to the golden yellow look.

Okie-dokey. I got ya.

Archived