He punched him in the head..

brinkeguthrie

I dont understand why Pierzynski was not given any games taht does not seem right.

As big a jerk as he is, no one proved he did anything to provoke the punch.

Although he probably did.

In old days like 1986 the Mets got into 4 fights Ray Knight two of them but their were no suspensions like this, are we oversenastive or was back then something wrong with us?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

In old days like 1986 the Mets got into 4 fights Ray Knight two of them but their were no suspensions like this, are we oversenastive or was back then something wrong with us?

This is 2006, Grandpa.

I don't care what suspensions were/weren't handed out back then. It has no bearing on last week's actions.

Barrett threw a punch because he's mad his team sucks and his team was getting smacked by their cross-town rival. Barrett should take his suspension like a man and sit out those 10 games.

This is 2006, Grandpa.

I don't care what suspensions were/weren't handed out back then. It has no bearing on last week's actions.

Barrett threw a punch because he's mad his team sucks and his team was getting smacked by their cross-town rival. Barrett should take his suspension like a man and sit out those 10 games.

Agreed. 10 games isn't enough, 20 would seem right. Pierzynski did nothing wrong. Not a thing. Barrett should be ashamed of his actions, and the Cubs should be ashamed of themselves for supporting his appeal.

This is 2006, Grandpa.

Agreed. 10 games isn't enough, 20 would seem right. Pierzynski did nothing wrong. Not a thing. Barrett should be ashamed of his actions, and the Cubs should be ashamed of themselves for supporting his appeal.

Get it? Cubs......"bear"ing.....I slay me..... B)

I may be wrong, but I think the Players Association tends to tell their players to appeal any suspension handed to them, just so they can get their voice heard, so it may not be entirely Barrett's or the Cubs' decision to appeal. There are instances where a player gets hurt, not bad enough to go on the DL, but will take back their appeal and use the time to heal.

Hence the reason why coaches rarely, if ever, appeal their suspensions....

Archived