Adam Greenberg

no97

Wow I dont know weatehr to root for or against him it will be very instersting if taht ends up his only AB but its not fair.

how in the world could you possibly root against the guy? if he makes it back to the bigs, it's a helluva feel-good story.

But if he dont he has a story to tell his grandkids and is a trivia question he will be remembered more if he dont make it back then if he does and has a small cup of coffee.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

But if he dont he has a story to tell his grandkids and is a trivia question he will be remembered more if he dont make it back then if he does and has a small cup of coffee.

The fact that you WANT this guy to become a trivia question doesn't speak very well of your ability to connect with fellow human beings going through rough times while trying to live their dreams.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

He may get more out that then you would think.

and you know this how?

seriously, rooting for a guy to fail is just bad form, tank. even from you.

unless, of course, you found out that he's an immigrant jew democrat homosexual that wants to marry his partner, then i'd understand how you would root for his failure to achieve his dream.

They only guy who has any notoriety from never getting an AB in the Bigs is the other guy mentioned in the Tribune story - Moonlight Graham. And he had to wait until after he was dead to be famous. All Greenberg can hope to be if he never makes the Bigs is a footnote in a Cubs trivia book. I.E. - "Who remembers that guy that got hit in the head by the first pitch he ever saw?" "Yeah, I do, what was his name again?" Boy, I want to be that guy... :rolleyes:

Moose

Yes he can write books and parlay it until some fun post career thing.

Seriously, how many books could you write about one plate appearance?

You'd be surprised.

Travis Roy played only 6 seconds (maybe 8) of NCAA hockey before he fell into the boards and was paralyzed, and there are a few books and a movie in the works.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived