A Dome for Cleveland!?

gueman

don't the public pass bond initiatives before the building of a stadium. if the bond iniative passes, that gives the franchise the right to build a stadium with the concent of the public.

that said, if the browns franchise want to build the dome, it should have to come out of the pockets of the owners not at tax payer expense. assuming the owners actually own the property, if the tax payers own it, then pass a bond initiative and if the public says yes, then the franchise has the right to do what they want to it.

it basically boils down to who pays for building and reconstruction. either the tax payer or the owners.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

since when did football players become such sissies? Cleveland Browns stadium is a beautiful facility and from what I've seen would be a fine host for a super bowl. I think the NFL just needs to get back to the roots of football and realize that football was meant to be played in the elements, not in a 72 degree climate controlled heaven with artificial turf.

Yes I know that sounds ironic coming from a Rams fan but in all honesty I wish we had an open air football facility in St. Louis.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

since when did football players become such sissies? Cleveland Browns stadium is a beautiful facility and from what I've seen would be a fine host for a super bowl. I think the NFL just needs to get back to the roots of football and realize that football was meant to be played in the elements, not in a 72 degree climate controlled heaven with artificial turf.

Yes I know that sounds ironic coming from a Rams fan but in all honesty I wish we had an open air football facility in St. Louis.

i'm sure artificial lighting is going to make the brown colors look even more bright and exciting. lol.

since when did football players become such sissies? I think the NFL just needs to get back to the roots of football and realize that football was meant to be played in the elements, not in a 72 degree climate controlled heaven with artificial turf.

I agree, true fans will go to the game if it's held in an ice floe in the Atlantic. However, the NFL wants the big bucks from corporate sponsors and can get them by including Super Bowl tickets in the deal, and you sure aren't going to find Fortune 500 CEOs lining up to go to Green Bay in early February.

(Even with a dome, Green Bay doesn't have enough hotel space to handle the game, sad to say.)

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

I would love to see, one day before the end of my lifetime, a Super Bowl played in a colder-climate city, especially great football towns like Green Bay, Denver, Pihiladelphia, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, etc.

I'm assuming you mean an colder-climate outdoor stadium (as Detroit seems like it would have fit last year, and I have to assume you're more than 3 months old :P

Moose

Exactly.

Archived