ABA uniform sites

southernyankee

Hi all -

Was watching an ESPN program documenting the old ABA. Was wondering if annyone knew of any sites that depicted the uniforms of the old league. Probably going to be hard to find due to the time period and the fact that the league only existed for 9 seasons before the NY Nets and Pacers joined the NBA. Any help is much appreciated.

nuggets and spurs joined the nba as well.

on the subject of the aba:

i heard something cool about the spirits of st. louis ... the teams that folded like the kentucky colonels were paid off - like 3 mil - when the merger happened. but the spirits wanted to be paid in revenues from the 4 teams that merged.. so the one-time owners of the spirits of st. louis are still to this day being paid 1/7 of all TV revenue from the nets, spurs, nuggets, and pacers.. which adds up to about 15 mil a year - for not doing anything.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

nuggets and spurs joined the nba as well.

on the subject of the aba:

i heard something cool about the spirits of st. louis ... the teams that folded like the kentucky colonels were paid off - like 3 mil - when the merger happened. but the spirits wanted to be paid in revenues from the 4 teams that merged.. so the one-time owners of the spirits of st. louis are still to this day being paid 1/7 of all TV revenue from the nets, spurs, nuggets, and pacers.. which adds up to about 15 mil a year - for not doing anything.

Yep, that's true. The Nets, Spurs, Nuggets, and Pacers tried- almost successfully- to buy them out of that agreement a couple of times in the 80's, when TV revenue wasn't close to what it is these days. Obviously they have no chance of buying them out now. I read an interview with someone from the Pacers a couple of years ago when the new NBA TV deal was done and he was pretty angry about this. Props to the StL owners!

Archived