White Sox unis...

Dmore55

Why did the White Sox where the black alt. for three striaght games?

Whitesox.gif

because they can, and they did. some teams like the Astros have a set schedule (and this is what I can presume by what they wear on a weekly basis)

They say there is a schedule, but the Astros too wore their red uni.s twice on friday and sunday.

TEXASFIGHT.gifAstros-Sig.gifUntitled-1.gifAeros.gif

I believe the White Sox are following a home uniform pattern they adopted towards the end of last season...they wear one of their three basic home unis (pinstripe, sleeveless, black) until they lose a game...then they move on to the next one.  This might not be etched in stone, but I bet it's pretty close.

They might also be doing this with the grey and black road unis.

That is correct.

EDIT: And yes, they do it for road games too.

Why did the White Sox where the black alt. for three striaght games?

Whitesox.gif

because they can, and they did. some teams like the Astros have a set schedule (and this is what I can presume by what they wear on a weekly basis)

They say there is a schedule, but the Astros too wore their red uni.s twice on friday and sunday.

The "schedule" says they should only wear brick on Sundays. And they haven't deviated from that more than 5 or 6 times from 2004-2005 (Game 7 of 2004 NLCS, a couple of day games on road trips at NY & PIT in 2005, and in Game 2 of 2005 NLCS, for certain). This year, they've gone off the schedule. The only 2 things I can deduce from what they've done is:

1.) wear the bricks for a night game if they have to come back early for a day game the next afternoon, or wear the bricks for a day game after a night game;

2.) change the team's luck (they went brick for their last 2 trips to Chicago after losing streaks. It worked against the Cubs, not so much against the Sox).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived