White Sox unis...

Dmore55

Weren't they supposed to have some kind of throwback Sunday alt uni this year? What happened to those?

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Why did the White Sox where the black alt. for three striaght games?

Whitesox.gif

because they can, and they did. some teams like the Astros have a set schedule (and this is what I can presume by what they wear on a weekly basis)

Because, until last night, they had amassed one hell of a winning streak in the black jerseys. Pure baseball superstition - simple as that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Weren't they supposed to have some kind of throwback Sunday alt uni this year? What happened to those?

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine those are saved for home games.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Weren't they supposed to have some kind of throwback Sunday alt uni this year?  What happened to those?

Last night/this morning was a home game

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Weren't they supposed to have some kind of throwback Sunday alt uni this year?  What happened to those?

Maybe I misread that, but last night the Sox were at home. The only time they wore the 1906 "Sunday" throwbacks were against the Cubs on Sunday, May 21. It's surprising, since they wore the 1917 throwbacks every Sunday in 2001. I'd guess either the players don't like the three-quarter buttons (or something else cosmetic -- the Sox rejected the shorts-era jerseys a few years back for that reason -- collars and the untucked jersey) or it's like Sodboy and other Sox fans have mentioned -- superstition (coming off World Series win, season started off strong, just-ended 9-game win streak). And the Cubs won the one game the Sox wore 'em, so... that might be it.

At any rate, something sold as a "Sunday" alt probably should be used on more than one Sunday. Maybe it will take a losing streak to get them to shake up a Sunday... don't hold your breath.

Maybe it will take a losing streak to get them to shake up a Sunday... don't hold your breath.

Oh, I'm an Indians fan... I'm holding my breath alright, for a good LONG losing streak (combined with one for the Tigers, too). However, given the shoddy quality of the Indians play lately, I think I'm likely to asphyxiate waiting for them to actually win a series themselves.

Yeah, I thought the "sunday alt" idea was pretty cool, kind of like the Indians and their sleeveless jersey/script I cap thing, that they have finally gotten around to actually WEARING for all their Sunday home games. It would be even better if the Sox actually WORE them.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Last night/this morning was a home game

Oh. Then I guess I don't know what I'm talking about.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

However, given the shoddy quality of the Indians play lately, I think I'm likely to asphyxiate waiting for them to actually win a series themselves.

I know the feeling... and the Cubs get to face the Sox again this weekend, so I don't think the Indians will be getting much help from my favorite team.

I suppose it's possible the Sox could wear them again this Sunday, since the Cubs wear blue so much at home these days, but I highly doubt it. I'd like to see it return before the year's out, though.

This is a different team question, but what's the deal with the Phillies constantly wearing the blue-brimmed caps? They wore them all three games against the Yanks and the first game against the BoSox. Any thoughts there?

9f734c40-21b7-44bc-90d9-64655700190b.jpg

This is a different team question, but what's the deal with the Phillies constantly wearing the blue-brimmed caps? They wore them all three games against the Yanks and the first game against the BoSox. Any thoughts there?

Interleague caps

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I believe the White Sox are following a home uniform pattern they adopted towards the end of last season...they wear one of their three basic home unis (pinstripe, sleeveless, black) until they lose a game...then they move on to the next one. This might not be etched in stone, but I bet it's pretty close.

They might also be doing this with the grey and black road unis.

Interleague caps

Really? I didn't know teams did this. Does any other team have an "interleague" uniform?

Archived