The Championships: Wimbledon

brinkeguthrie

And we're kicking it off with this nugget:

Wimbledon threatens crack-down on cleavage

Miss Sharapova, consider yourself warned. Wimbledon's fashion police are on high alert, and are threatening to ban players from the storied grass courts of the The All England Lawn Tennis Club for wearing outfits deemed too revealing.

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/5732736

I think we saw that Nadal is clearly working on a grass-court game and evolving into an all-surface player. Federer's still the clear favorite and he seems to be committed to improving on clay to complete the career slam.

Agassi's farewell to the AELTC was respectful and proper. Flushing's going to be off the chain.

I just hope AA does well in his four hardcourt tournaments between now and then so he can get his ranking up and get a better draw for the US Open.

And Roddick's down 2-0 to Andy Murray, on serve in the third.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Venus lost, so the day is not a total loss. No more crowd shots of her dad.

I have been watching tennis for a long time, and I can't remember two players who want to win less than Serena anda Venus. Always an excuse for a loss. They've won several Slams between them, but they've blown way more opportunies, too.

for me i think Nadal and Fderer will go through, Lleyton Hewitt will make the semis i think, Wimbledon used to be something i watched alot, now that the world cup is on, ive only watched a little of it, Fox Sports 2 here has Wimbledon from 9pm-6am, which would be good if i was up to see a match end

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

The AELTC already mandates that the players must wear white attire on the court so this cleavage rule doesn't surprise me.

I've been following the game since I was 6 when my mother put my bro and I into lessons. I think the finals will be:

Justine Henin-Hardenne BEL (3) v. Elena Dementieva RUS (7)

Roger Federer SUI (1) v. Lleyton Hewitt AUS (6)

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived