New Wake Forest Football Jerseys

wlightcap

I think you are all anti-Nike crazies....

Sure they have made some mistakes, but those elite jerseys are just better to play in, and isn't the end result? And there are two types of piping.. the nice and clean VT piping and then the over the top around the back piping, so all piping is not the the same. And I don't know how you can call VT's old uniforms classic... the two opposite color number combo's were just stupid and bad design. Not to mention the "VT" logo is awful. There is no motion to it and it is blocky and dated.

The bigger issue with Wake Forest, is there helmet. The WF is just terrible, there is no thought put into it. They need to put the cool Demon Deacon on the helmet, that would be great. But it is probably some stupid bible belt thing about the character... ugh.

I disagree. A logo does not need 'motion' to be great. How many other schools use a block letter prominently in their visual identity? Ohio state? Michigan? Oklahoma? Missouri? Stanford? Washington? Nebraska? Virginia Tech's block VT is among the least dated of all block letters in college football, and definitely one of the best because it is so removed from the status quo of block letters. The orange tv numbers were stupid? Innovative, different maybe. I've never seen anyone else do that. It was definitely innovative. Maybe you're just bitter because you didn't think of it. Now you have to resort to citing it as an example of bad design. :P Great design thrives on tension. The orange tv numbers provided that necessary tension to an otherwise simple uniform, and they were the trademark of it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived