A-Rod: Mr. Overated

NJTank

I've got a simple solution to problems like this: maybe Steinbrenner needs to stop going after all the big-name guys and actually get some solid ROLE PLAYERS who won't be constantly scrutinized by fans and the media. Hell, he shouldn't just do it for that reason; he should do it because it will actually help team chemistry to not have a bunch of egos stuck together. But I merely state the obvious (to everyone but him and Brian Cashman, that is <_<).

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One Yankee fan's perspective:

I like Alex Rodriguez - he's a very good player that tries hard and puts up big numbers. I don't think he's especially not "clutch". I think he's just not "dramatic". He has had a rough run this season and has shown that he probably isn't particularly thick-skinned.

I still appreciate that he is a very unique talent, a very good player, and that I'm lucky to be able to watch him every day. I wish other Yankee fans would see it that way, though I understand why some get frustrated.

Ultimately, if the Yankees fail this year it's because of pitching, not Alex Rodriguez.

He's struggling for A-Rod standards, but which guy would you like to have:

Player A: AVG .259 | HR 28 | RBI 78 | OBP .411 | SLG .519 | R 62 | SB 2

Player B: AVG .285 | HR 21 | RBI 71 | OBP .388 | SLG .501 | R 67 | SB 9

Here are some hints. They play for the same team. They both make over 20 million this year. One has won 2 gold gloves AND IS NOT PLAYING HIS NATURAL POSITION (the position at which he had no peer), the other may as well have a glove made of stone. One has NEVER made headlines for off-field activity (well, other than sunbathing in Central Park), while the other has apologized for "things in his past" that we assume means heavy steroid use. One is 30 and still in the prime of his career, while the other is 35 and still has 3 mammoth salaried seasons left on his contract.

Player A=Jason Giambi

Player B=Alex Rodriguez

A-Rod needs to relax and stop over-thinking every thing. The problem is, the constant (and unwarranted) attention over this complete nonsense from the Wankee fans and the New York media will never get over themselves long enough to give A-Rod the opportunity to relax and just play baseball.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Ah, the value of a New York third baseman.

For $25,680,727 you can have: .284 average, 21 home runs, 71 RBIs, 67 runs, .386 on-base percentage

Or for $400,000 you can have: .316 average, 21 home runs, 79 RBIs, 63 runs, .388 on-base percentage

And then there's this:

E-Rod.png

BTW, he had another 0-4 game and is currently in a 4-27 slump. I never can imagine him winning anything in his career.

teams-1.png

Ah, the value of a New York third baseman.

For $25,680,727 you can have: .284 average, 21 home runs, 71 RBIs, 67 runs, .386 on-base percentage

Or for $400,000 you can have: .316 average, 21 home runs, 79 RBIs, 63 runs, .388 on-base percentage

Looking at the stats it's amazing one is considered an MVP favourite and the other a complete disappointment.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

BTW, he had another 0-4 game and is currently in a 4-27 slump.  I never can imagine him winning anything in his career.

Yes he won't ever win a title because he struggled for a week. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

BTW, he had another 0-4 game and is currently in a 4-27 slump.  I never can imagine him winning anything in his career.

Yes he won't ever win a title because he struggled for a week. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Since he wrote those points in two seperate sentences I will assume that they are unrelated thoughts.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

i think thats actually a good comparison, rodriguez and marino. a pretty boy who has all the pressure in the world on him, and puts up phenomenal stats, yet can't win the big game.

And they both wore number 13. (DUN DUN DUUUUN*)

*Dramatic evil music, not a good sign.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

Archived