Tech in Navy against Notre Dame?

bigwalk

This has been heavily rumored on the Tech boards, but according to most "we're not supposed to know about it and it will be a suprise..."

And by the way, GT has always used navy blue practice jerseys- It is easier to tell the difference between white and blue jerseys than it is between white and gold jerseys- More contrast = less likely to mistake players

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

I've always liked the idea of Tech having a navy alternate, for one game only...would they wear white or gold pants?

In that practice photo I posted above, I think the navy on gold pants looks pretty sharp. Plus since gold is their main color they should stick with that, it would be more identifiable as a proposed alt.

I remember that when they wore navy they would interchange the white pants. In the Citrus Bowl, the year they won the National Championship, for example, they wore navy and white pants. Also, I hear from a Tech board that they are wearing white pants against Notre Dame, but they didn't specifically mention the blue jersey.

I guess I'm just an old school alum, but I think that the only jersey they should ever wear is the white one.

My fav combo is the white jersey with gold numbers, gold pants, gold helmet.

tech.jpg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I've always liked the idea of Tech having a navy alternate, for one game only...would they wear white or gold pants?

In that practice photo I posted above, I think the navy on gold pants looks pretty sharp. Plus since gold is their main color they should stick with that, it would be more identifiable as a proposed alt.

Generally, I agree with you. I like the look of the navy/gold better than navy/white. However, against Notre Dame, they're going to look very much like their opponents would at home if they wear navy/gold. Also, they won their most recent championship in navy/white. Maybe they could do like Clemson did their first year with purple (wearing purple/white one game and purple/orange another) and do one game navy/white and one navy/gold.

funny how the only picture of the colored jersey from '91 is in black and white..

ross.jpg

Well, you can at least see that it's a dark jersey.

I also just realized the navy with gold pants combo is pretty much ND with stripes, which is a horrible idea for that game.

G-Tech would wind up looking like Pitt if they busted out navy jerseys. Still, they would look nice.

Which is why they should do Navy/white for that game. Interestingly enough, they actually wore black during the Bill Curry era.

I think a navy jersey would be a nice refreshing change from these all the time:

georgiatech_fb.gif

They are having at least one difference...the Thursday night game against UVa is a throwback night. The only other recent difference I can think of is when they wore monochromatic white in the 2002 Sillicon Valley Classic against Fresno.

funny how the only picture of the colored jersey from '91 is in black and white..

Here's a lithograph of 1991 Georgia Tech... it's probably based off a photo:

The_Sting_of_Gold.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Here's a lithograph of 1991 Georgia Tech... it's probably based off a photo:

The_Sting_of_Gold.jpg

That is a sweet photo!

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

Can anyone tell me why the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, a yellow and black insect, use navy instead of black?

As an old Techie...

The official school colors are old gold and white. When I started there in the late 80s, the third athletic color was black. But before I left, they changed it back to blue, which it was for most of the early 1900s. The name "Yellow Jackets" came about way back then because the Tech fans all wore yellow jackets; it had nothing to do with the insect.

The only other recent difference I can think of is when they wore monochromatic white in the 2002 Sillicon Valley Classic against Fresno.

After what happened in that game, don't expect another white on white jersey to see the field for a game..... :wacko:

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Archived