The Malkin Situation

jkrdevil

Surprised no one has made a thread about the Evegini Malkin situation yet but it appears it has taken another "bizarre" turn. Let me recap the situation for those that haven't followed this.

-Back in June the NHL and Russian Federation agreed to a preliminary transfer agreement that would allow the Russian star (along with other players) to come over to North America and play in the NHL.

-A few weeks ago it turned out the Federation did not approve the agreement leaving no transfer agreement in place with Russia. THat meant no players under contract there could come over to the NHL.

-Then Malkin gives his team 2 weeks notice, a loophole in Russian law that says a person can quit their job even if they are under contract as long as they give 2 weeks notice. Malkin and his agent were negotiating with Pittsburgh.

-A few days later Malkin ends up firing his agent.

-Few days after that his Russian team announces that they have renogotiated Malkin's contract and that he will play for them this season and can leave after it.

-Then Malkin says he still wants to play in the NHL this season.

-Then Malkin announces he is opening up a prison themed resurant in the city where his Russian team plays (I'm not making that one up).

-And now it appears that Malkin has packed up and left his Russian team's training camp in Finland taking his belongings and passport with him.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=174058&hubname=

So it looks like he is on his way to Pittsburgh now. I wish this would be the end of this story but it won't now that international court fight will happen.

Things seem to get better for the Pens, dont they.

Now if only we could get that arena...

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

I bet his Russian team traded him for several hundred pounds of meat. :D

Remember that one?

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived