Hockey Trivia #1 by gojetsgo

gojetsgo

With all the trivia that takes place on these boards, there's been a noticable absence of good hockey trivia - especially with so many hockey fans on these boards.

If no one seems to mind, I'd like to occaisionally post a good hockey trivia question, in the same spirit as NJTank and Zoneranger. I'd also like to try to post questions that aren't completely easy to google, so you may have to do some thinking...

So, here goes...

Who was the last helmetless player to score 50 goals in the NHL?

Heres one for ya:

How many members from the famed Patrick family appear on the Stanley cup and who are they?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Al Secord is correct.

Stampman wins the historical 1st ever gojetsgo hockey trivia question!

Quick question...not that I'm upset I was wrong or anything, but I'm kinda curious.

Al Secord had 54 in 82-83

Tim Kerr had over 50 every year from 83-87

I'm assuming this means Kerr wore a helmet during these years...is that correct?

Shumway, yes, you are correct about Tim Kerr wearing a helmet during those years.

In fact (if I'm wrong, someone please correct me), Tim Kerr wore a helmet his entire career. The NHL had a new rule that required all players drafted from 1979 and after to wear helmets. Tim Kerr played his first NHL season in 80-81 and, although he was never drafted, he would have been required to wear a helmet.

Here is a picture of Tim Kerr's rookie card from 81-82, showing his helmet.

hof014.jpg

Heres one for ya:

How many members from the famed Patrick family appear on the Stanley cup and who are they?

Five I think...Brothers Lester and Frank, brothers Lynn and Muzz, and Craig Patrick. any more?

Those are the ones I thought of.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Heres one for ya:

Five I think...Brothers Lester and Frank, brothers Lynn and Muzz, and Craig Patrick. any more?

Damn it! Ok ok, let me regroup and find something else... Time to find something "WTF" worthy.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived