renovated Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

runnerdud05

I see those models and can't help but think of the "destruction" of Soldier Field (and it's rumored removal from the National Regester of Historic Buildings). I know it would be easier to renovate than build new to bring a NFL team to LA, but at what historical cost? That facility has hosted so much (two Olympics, two Super Bowls, a World Series, plus how many college and pro football games of note...), I'd hate to see it go the route of Soldier Field.

Moose

I think they would need to severely renovate the surrounding neighborhoods first. It's overall very rough and run down. Not a very good reflection of the NFL's image, and not very inviting for potential investors of both the stadium and any potential teams either.

Otherwise the newly renovated stadium would be nothing more than a "blossom in a t*rd pile"

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

They really have no choice but to renovate it. I was there a couple years ago for Summer Sanitarium Tour and it was VERY behind the times. Only way to the top was via stairs (what a climb), the seats were beat up, rusted and quite small (I know my ass is big but DAMN!) and it looked pretty run down. I like the models I've seen but I have to agree with blujay in that this is already a blossom in a turd pile. Renovating it would only make things worse. The whole neighborhood needs an upgrade and unfortunately I don't see the city of LA or any team owner being willing to pony up the dough to make it happen.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Archived