S. Carolina Uni

HatManTC

Last year they wore both, so I'm assuming they will do the same this year. Along with the different colored pants for away games.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

That wasnt even a home game for the gamecocks. But I sure hope they dont go with the black full time. I think the scarlet looks much better, the white/blackpants looks fine, but I dont really like the black jersey.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I'd be really surprised if they stick with the black jerseys all season, especially given that next four games are all at home and Columbia in September can be nearly unbareable. As a Gamecock fan, it is a bit unnerving that they seem to do this every couple of years --- two years ago we switched to all black jerseys and helmets, then last year we went back to the garnet. Before that, under Holtz, we wore red (not the actual garnet) from 2001 to 2003. In Lou's first year they wore the black jerseys with white helmets simialr to the ensemble from last night. I guess the only constant with the 'Cocks is change. For what it's worth, I like the Red at home with the Black as alternate for big games, kind of like Notre Dame's green jersey.

Archived