2006 NCAA I-A Football Uniform Combinations

praeda

Shameless Week 4 bump. New combinations for 2006, beyond first use of darks or whites, were worn by Georgia Tech, North Carolina State, Wake Forest, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Rutgers, Michigan State, Alabama-Birmingham, Rice, Arizona, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Middle Tennessee.

Corrections were made to Houston, Washington State, and Vanderbilt from last week.

Yet to wear their darks are Tulane, Air Force, and Florida Atlantic.

Yet to wear their whites are Georgia Tech, Kansas State, Purdue, Arizona, Auburn, South Carolina, Tennessee, and New Mexico State.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A minor correction - Georgia Tech against Virginia should be 1970 White/1970 Old Gold/1970 White, as they wore white helmets.

Thank you. I'm surprised that I screwed that one up as I watched more of that than I should, albeit for the uniforms and not the football this time around.

Shameless Week 5 bump. New combinations for 2006 were worn by Miami (Florida), Baylor, Texas A&M, Southern Mississippi, Akron, Central Michigan, Nevada-Las Vegas, California, Oregon, Washington State, Florida, Mississippi, and Louisiana-Monroe.

Almost everyone has worn both their whites and darks now with the exceptions of Arizona and South Carolina for whites and Florida Atlantic for darks.

Shameless Week 6 bump. New combinations for 2006 were worn by Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Wake Forest, Baylor, Missouri, Texas Tech, West Virginia, Bowling Green, California, Oregon, and North Texas. Everyone has now worn their whites, and only Florida Atlantic hasn't worn their darks.

Shameless Week 7 bump. New combinations for 2006 were worn by Maryland, Virginia, Wake Forest, Colorado, Louisville, Rutgers, South Florida, Michigan State, Central Florida, Wyoming, Arizona, and Oregon. Florida Atlantic finally got to wear their darks.

• 2 weeks later...

Shameless Week 8 bump. New combinations for 2006 were worn by Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, Miami (Florida), North Carolina State, Connecticut, West Virginia, Minnesota, Purdue, Southern Mississippi, Wyoming, and Louisiana-Lafayette.

Shameless Week 8 bump. New combinations for 2006 were worn by Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, Miami (Florida), North Carolina State, Connecticut, West Virginia, Minnesota, Purdue, Southern Mississippi, Wyoming, and Louisiana-Lafayette.

First time all year Oregon hasn't been in the new combinations list. Well, excluding any possible off day.

Shameless Week 9 bump.

Shockingly, I cannot track down Ball State at Miami (Ohio). If you actually read this and can help me out, drop me a line or a response.

New combinations for 2006 were worn by Duke (all-royal blue), Maryland (black jerseys), Virginia Tech (all-Chicago maroon), Missouri (Black/Old Gold), Marshall (all-green), Oregon (Yellow/Green), and Mississippi State (all-Maroon).

Shameless Week 10 bump. New combinations for 2006 were worn by Virginia (all-white), Virginia Tech (all-white), Buffalo (royal blue and white), Oregon (all-black with green helmet), Vanderbilt (black/gold), and Boise State (blue/white).

Shameless Week 10 bump. New combinations for 2006 were worn by Virginia (all-white), Virginia Tech (all-white), Buffalo (royal blue and white), Oregon (all-black with green helmet), Vanderbilt (black/gold), and Boise State (blue/white).

Why has Oregon still not worn white helmets? It figures they won't have done it this week, since they were at home...the Oregon State or USC games maybe? Also, Duke STILL didn't wear all royal against Vandy... B)

Why has Oregon still not worn white helmets? It figures they won't have done it this week, since they were at home...the Oregon State or USC games maybe? Also, Duke STILL didn't wear all royal against Vandy... B)

Thank you, I don't know how I got one of my alma maters wrong there. Wishful thinking perhaps?

Shameless Week 11 bump. New combinations for 2006 were worn by Clemson (Northwest Purple/Burnt Orange), Northwestern (Purple/Black), Alabama-Birmingham (Forest Green/White), Houston (White/Scarlet), Buffalo (White/Royal Blue), Colorado State (White/Gold), Nevada-Las Vegas (White/Gray), and Arizona (Cardinal/Navy)

• 2 weeks later...

Shameless Week 13 bump.

Correction to Fresno State as I missed their blank helmets in Week 11.

I never bumped for Week 12. New combinations were worn by Michigan State (all-white), Northwestern (purple-white), Wyoming (white-gold), Oregon (black-green), Oregon State (white-black), Washington State (1997 gray helmets-crimson jerseys-1997 gray pants), Vanderbilt (all-black), North Texas (all-black), Hawaii (silver helmets-black jerseys-black pants), and Notre Dame (green-black).

New combinations were worn in Week 13 by Clemson (all-burnt orange), Oklahoma State (all-orange), Cincinnati (white-black), Louisville (white-black), Pittsburgh (all-gold *shudder*), Marshall (all-white), Colorado State (green-white), South Carolina (white-garnet), Fresno State (blank Bulldog red helmets-white jerseys-Bulldog red pants), and Louisiana Tech (all-blue).

New combinations were worn in Week 13 by Clemson (all-burnt orange), Oklahoma State (all-orange), Cincinnati (white-black), Louisville (white-black), Pittsburgh (all-gold *shudder*), Marshall (all-white), Colorado State (green-white), South Carolina (white-garnet), Fresno State (blank Bulldog red helmets-white jerseys-Bulldog red pants), and Louisiana Tech (all-blue).

Oregon wore a new combo too. Yellow jersey with yellow pants.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Oregon wore a new combo too. Yellow jersey with yellow pants.

Oregon actually wore that combination against UCLA during Week 7. It was notable that they wore the highlighter combo on the road. I'm just thankful that they chose to do this against Oregon State and not against USC as I was in the Coliseum and my eyes could not have survived three and a half hours of looking at that.

Archived