ESPN's Monday Night Football

Frenchie

I'm 100% sure Miami & Detroit didn't play on Christmas in 2004. Even so, why would that be the highest rated game on ESPN? Both teams were awful that year.

...because there was nothing else to watch?

What was more interesting was the Dolphins/Browns game played on December 26th, 2004.

That's just shoddy reporting. Don't make up a game. The Miami and Detroit combo must have come from the NBA games on ABC that day, yet the Heat played the Lakers, and I think the Pistons played the Spurs.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Good point about Nessler. He got his start nationaly on the USA Network calling the World League of American Football which dates back to 1991. Unfortunately he got caught in the squabbling mix with Bill Walton and Tom Tolbert on ABC's coverage of the NBA in '02-'03. It got real bad in the 2003 NBA Finals. He even proclaimed the Spurs champions with 15 seconds to go (mabe less) in Game six, even though the Spurs made a HUGE comeback in that game. He's a good one, he'll be around for a long time

Good point about Nessler. He got his start nationaly on the USA Network calling the World League of American Football which dates back to 1991.

Coincidentally, I think Vermeil did some WLAF games as well - on ABC with Musberger.

Pistons played the Pacers on Christmas '04. It was after The Brawl, remember?

You're right...I don't remember the game though. I was probably too excited for Heat/Lakers.

Michael Vartan

That floating scorebug at teh bottom center of the screen.... been there done that. Action Sports Video used a second camera fixed on the scoreboard for all of its events at Ice Station Valencia, including the First Annual Freeze The Disease Celebrity Hockey Game in 2004. Here's Michael Vartan (Alias) with the puck. :hockeysmiley:

Archived