t-shirt design advice

schlim

Hey everyone-

I've been a long time reader and more and more a lurker of this site, mainy due to time constraints, but I need some advice from ya'll.

I've got a couple of art shows coming up, and I'm putting together a couple of new t-shirt designs, they always sell well around the holidays. I want to make a t-shirt out of the logo I designed for my website, but I'm not sure about the font or any superfluous details - like the background circle behind the logo for example.

Here's the logo, and here's the one I threw together real fast in Photoshop:

svlogo.jpg

svtshirt.jpg

Do you feel the logo needs the background circle? What about the font? The font is what I use on my website, but I'm up for changing it and open to ideas. Here's the design I printed for last year: Be An Artist.

Thanks for any help you can give me, pm me if you'd like

Hey everyone-

I've been a long time reader and more and more a lurker of this site, mainy due to time constraints, but I need some advice from ya'll.

I've got a couple of art shows coming up, and I'm putting together a couple of new t-shirt designs, they always sell well around the holidays. I want to make a t-shirt out of the logo I designed for my website, but I'm not sure about the font or any superfluous details - like the background circle behind the logo for example.

Here's the logo, and here's the one I threw together real fast in Photoshop:

svlogo.jpg

svtshirt.jpg

Do you feel the logo needs the background circle? What about the font? The font is what I use on my website, but I'm up for changing it and open to ideas. Here's the design I printed for last year: Be An Artist.

Thanks for any help you can give me, pm me if you'd like

For me, personally, i think with the circle for your design makes it look more finished and final. Without it, it looks like it is still unfinished and has to be worked on. With the circle, it makes it look a little more complete. Now for the design wise, i'm guessing you like how its clean and simple (i'm like that myself), so that i won't touch on.

Oh, sidenote. For that 2nd link that shows the t-shirt....a girl with a rack would sell more t-shirts..that chick is soo friggin flat.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Thanks for all the tips, I was right there with feeling it needed a bit more than just the logo itself, and I will be printing them on ringer styles too.

Thanks for the help, and if you guys who replied would like one of the finished ones or my old variety, just pm me.

Archived