NHL streak is over

OMMF

The Avalanche's 487-game sellout streak ended Monday night. It was the longest recorded string in NHL history. The last time Colorado didn't have a sellout was Nov. 1, 1995, against Calgary.

Any more impressive streaks still going on in the world of sports?

Here's the one I'm most proud of:

Washington State has scored in 256 consecutive games dating back to a loss to Ohio State in '84. Also, they have scored in 240 consecutive Pac-10 games. The last time they were shut out in league play was in Corvallis in 1975.

No one has a longer active streak in conference and only Michigan has a longer overall streak.

The Wild have sold out every game in team history, now into it's 6th season and a large waiting list to get season tickets. I'm confident the Maple Leafs have some sort of sellout streak going that would make that seem pale.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The Wild have sold out every game in team history, now into it's 6th season and a large waiting list to get season tickets. I'm confident the Maple Leafs have some sort of sellout streak going that would make that seem pale.

The story 'round here is that the leafs have had at least 95% capacity at every home game since the 1940s... but i've never seen any stats to back it up.

However, I went to a leafs pre-season game in 1990 and that place was empty.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The story 'round here is that the leafs have had at least 95% capacity at every home game since the 1940s... but i've never seen any stats to back it up.

I actually read the other day every leafs game has been sold out since 1946. I cant remember where it was for the life of me...unless it was the book im reading by Peter Gzowski called "The Game of Our Lives" which was written in 1982ish...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Anyone with better knowledge than I can chime in, but little 12,888 Memorial Coliseum in Portland, OR had sold out from around '77-'95, correct ? :unsure:

If you're talking basketball, I have no idea. If you're talking hockey, I can guarantee you that is not true.

I remember watching a lot of Ballard-era Leaf games on HNIC where the Garden was a mausoleum, tons of empty seats.

But that's the thing; they count SOLD seats, not actual attendance. I'm sure with season tickets and the lack of desire to watch the 1983 Leafs play the Jets, they still sold 99.99999% of the tickets anyway, so who's to say.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I remember a while ago when the Knicks were kinda good (like late '90s), the commentators would always mention that it was the Xth consecutive sellout at MSG. Is that streak still alive?

I believe it still may be but that's because MSG is pretty much all corporate owned seats for the Knicks and Rangers. The place can be half empty (as it has in recent history for both teams) and still be a sellout because of the corporate tickets.

Archived